Club 10mls time trials. Tuesday evening.

Hi all you budding time trialist's.

There are a number of club 10's being run by the Warwickshire Road Club on Tuesday evening during the summer month's which we have been invited to ride.

They have guaranteed that we will have wind free sunny weather. ( float evenings )

Cost is £3.00 and you will receive a cup of tea and usually a piece of home made cake, ( it is worth riding just for the cake ) High'ly recomended.

Dates are as follows;  1st Tuesday of the month.

May 7th.

June 4th.

July 2nd

August 6th

I have picked these events as they coincide with our club nights.

The signing on takes place at Wythall Park 6.30

Start is south of M42 island on the Alcester Road A435 and is based on a two lap circuit using the duel carriageway.  Map of course at signing on.

This is a fast course!!.

There are 10's run every Tuesday evening by Warwicks from the 9th April to 20th August if you are really keen.

• 2 months later...

Tuesday evening Warwicks RC 10m TT K37

The first  TT of the come back was completed tonight with a confident Mike H as my minute man. On a not to windy but warmish sunny evening I decided not to push to hard for the first half for a fear of not lasting the distance. I have to award myself twat of the night for missing a turn at about half way thereby adding around  0:50 to my overall time, the Garmin gave me the 10 miles in 29:58 (edit) (the time keeper gave me 31:05) so that's my mark in the sand. Mike H got round in 25:27 so well done to him on a fine effort. Scott Povey was fastest on the night coming past me like I was standing still in a very fine 21:xx 

P.S. thanks for the pint of well earned Weatheroak Mike.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/299182828

Just a thought but in the quest for speed (OMG I'm really getting keen again) :lol:  do they allow 2 ups on this course, because Dave and myself workin our nuts off with Mike H as our minute man could be fun.

P.S. Thanks for the loan of the tri bars Mike just one problem all my bars are 26mm dia. I dont suppose you have the packing shims knocking around somewhere matey.

Tri Bars!!!!! Tri BARS!!!! What's going on?  Getting a bit serious isn't it.   They would fit my bike Mike.  Only joking  :P

Errrr Two up's ? We had better get some faster one up's done first.  Anyhow, several Midland riders have already asked me.

Weather looking good for Saturday boys (and girls)

Tri Bars!!!!! Tri BARS!!!! What's going on?  Getting a bit serious isn't it.   They would fit my bike Mike.  Only joking  :P

Errrr Two up's ? We had better get some faster one up's done first.  Anyhow, several Midland riders have already asked me.

Weather looking good for Saturday boys (and girls)

Just thinkin of the TEAM Dave :)

Today should have been a rest day but dragged out by M to join Ken H, John S and Tony S for a round about route to Hillers for the cafe stop. Cold wind coming back but nice day. Not sure that it did me any good.  We will find out tomorrow.

Archived