New Year’s Resolutions

Sean Barker

Hi Kay, I have suffered with this since 2010! I know so many others who have the same, all women, all over 40 and all runners. I just have to manage mine at the moment by not running as often as I would like. I also find it really helps to stretch my hamstring so give that a go too. Also the other people I know who have had this have found eventually it does just go with no explanation as to why it came and non as to why it went! Maybe try rolling on a tennis ball or golf ball if you can stand it too :-) good luck... More time in the pool I guess!

Hi Kay, I have suffered with this since 2010! I know so many others who have the same, all women, all over 40 and all runners. I just have to manage mine at the moment by not running as often as I would like. I also find it really helps to stretch my hamstring so give that a go too. Also the other people I know who have had this have found eventually it does just go with no explanation as to why it came and non as to why it went! Maybe try rolling on a tennis ball or golf ball if you can stand it too :-) good luck... More time in the pool I guess!

I am under Mr Prem at ROH. I have had hip and back anomalies excluded. Gait analysis resulting in carbon fibre orthoses for my shoes. I sleep in Strasbourg Straps (really good, stretches the achilles and foot structures overnight, 12 hrs stretching). Each time it goes they say, "6months non weight bearing work."

Then I met a trainer at a core pilates class. Started doing Core classes 3 times per week. Then 3 plus planks twice. She has started me on heavy weights, low reps, that use the maximum amount of muscle fibre. Because! They are really tough on the core.

Guess what I am running 15Km regularly, injury free. Fingers crossed.

If its sore roll it on a can of frozen peaches.

But you are correct my swimming is the best its ever been. My daughter is still coaching my Fly though.

Thanks all for the well wishes.

Archived