The Boozers Run – 22nd December (With Photos)

Sean Barker

This Sunday sees one of the highlights of the Saracen calendar, the legendary Boozers Run.

Diane and Malcolm have the kindling and logs sorted out for the morning fry-up in the woods before we head for the Dodford Inn, so better get those frying pans sorted out. :)

No doubt Ivor will sort out the meeting places and let us know in here,  

:Merry-Christmas

Yes I was stopped by the Police on my way back. I told them I was a member of the Beacon cycling club. Brilliant article. In fact a great day.Sorry I had to leave early as we did a Christmas Dinner for my daughter and family who are off on Holiday tomorrow and I only had a pass until 3PM,    .As we are going away,   Happy Christmas and best wishes for the New Year to all my cycling friends and other club members.  BARRY 

Further evidence .....

xjth.jpg

qhwu.jpg

w4rn.jpg

4bgq.jpg

0z6n.jpg

c9t5.jpg

4x5a.jpg

z2of.jpg

Well we all survive another year.

Great turnout of the Saracen RC enjoyed an annual fry up at the usual spot.

Thanks to Di & Malcolm plus Mike Caswell for getting the fire started.

Nice to see the club out numbering all other clubs in the pub.

Well done to John Edwards from Shrewsbury and Tim Crompton from Southampton

making the effort to join us.

After all others left the pub good to see the same older faces top of the hill

keeping the club tradition alive. MickH, AndyS, ChrisK, JohnS, PeteCarbutt, JohnE

And myself.

Used auto pilot for the return trip home trust all others returned safely.

Happy Christmas to all our readers.

ChrisP.

Great to see such a good turnout at the fire and the pub,   we finally called time at the Dodford having seen most

if not all of the Beacon, Bromsgrove and  Halesowen members call it a day.

Having finally encouraged Chris Kent to get off his knees and stop talking to the dog we made a move and headed

towards home,  the decision was then taken to call at the Nailers arms on route for a final drink,  nothing changes.

Having run out of capacity to take on any more alcohol I called it a day and left Pete,Andy,Eddy and Chris to it.

Hope you guys all got home safely.

A great day spent with great friends

Hope everyone has a good Xmas

Mick H.

I was also stopped by the police on the way back from the Dodford.  I told them I belonged to Bromsgrove OCC. They asked me if I had seen any suspicious characters in the area recently other than Leigh.  So I gave them the following list :-

John Edwards, Chris Kent, Tim Crumpton, Sean and Paula Barker, John Shelly, Barry Lucas, Malcolm and Diane Smith, Mick Caswell, Colin Bradley, Andy Seabourne, Derek Barton, Pete, Phil and Terry Carbutt, Mike and Owen Hazlewood, Ivor and Duncan Myttion, Dave and Mandy Mitchell, Chris Pardoe, Gary Woodward, Ken Haddon, Pete Cooper and Jim George.

A memorable day indeed. Good to see a long standing Saracen tradition given a boost.

Archived