Thursday Run 12th December

Sean Barker

A dull cold day, but there was very little wind. I joined the 'B's for a brisk run straight to the cafe at Alcester. The roads seemed to be even more greasier than Tuesday and there were several occasions when we had a twitch of wheels.  Big Gear Bob broke formation at Radford in order to punish himself over the Lenches.  Strange nobody followed him!  We made the cafe before the 'A's and found Sean already on his first cup. The 'A' arrived in two parts as John Shelly's weekly puncture had held them up. They were also missing Sam, Mike and Phil C, all of who had to be back early so did not stop.  Chris Kent, not wanting to miss the event made the journey to the cafe by car. The cafe was thus filled to capacity and gave maximum effect to the surprise birthday cake presentation for Chris P. This justified quite a long break but I think that the customers and the staff enjoyed the moment. In fact the Venue Expresso looked after us very well and seem to make a point of being cyclist friendly. 

Sean, Chris K and myself had got far too comfortable when everyone made a move to leave so we ordered another coffee and settled back to chew the fat.  I rode with Sean at a sedate pace back as far as Elcock's Brook, so ending a most enjoyable morning.

'A's today were Sam, Michele, Chris P, Mike H, Gary, John S and Phil C.  The 'B's Ken H, Kevin, Pete C, Barry, Tony S, Big Gear Bob, Sean, Leigh and myself.

cv2w.jpg

Archived