What a year for the Saracen RC

Sean Barker

25 new members

A new website

New club kit

New bike stickers

Weekly Club runs

Regular social activities; Walks, club Run to Welland, Bunkhouse weekend, Skittles evening, Monthly lunches and evening meetings and still the Boozers run to look forward to

The club have been represented in Road races, Time trials, Audax events and cyclosportives

We have had one of our members (Sam Boswell) representing GB in the world Triathlon Championships

We had 87 members attend the annual Club Dinner

I’ve been asked a few times this year as I’m out and about in club colours “Are the Saracen still going?”

I think a fair answer would be we’re thriving :)

Hear! Hear! There is every sign that we will continue to grow in the future. I think that all our members, old and new, would agree with you Sean.  I myself am more than pleased to be a member of a club with such good reputation behind it and a great future in front.

Here's to 2014!  :clap  

What a difference a year makes, the club seems to be going from strength to strength almost

weekly, and long may it continue.

Hopefully next year we will see more club members actively racing in Time Trials and maybe Road

Races, theres also Sportives, Audax events, Duathlon and Triathlon that members will be taking

part in. Can't Wait !!!.

Hopefully the recently unearthing of the club silver will lure more people into competition and

there are a number of club records to be broken. I believe Sam has already made a start on the

womens with her 10 and 25 miles T,Trials rides this year.

Roll on 2014 and I'm sure that we can attract some more youth in to the club and be even more high profile that what we are now.

One proud member of the Saracen Road Club. Mick H.

Archived