My injured wrist

Sean Barker

All the support and best wishes have been greatly appreciated, I even got a good luck pm from Barry for my hospital appointment today. :)

Anyway just to fill you all in on exactly what my condition is; it’s called an “Avulsion Fracture of the Triquetrum”

I was told it should only be really painful for two to three weeks (when hopefully the swelling will have gone down) and under no circumstances should I drive a car for at least six weeks and after I get the all clear in a couple of appointments time. He never mentioned cycling so I assume that’s OK :)

The good news is I shouldn’t need surgery and pain is my friend as the pain should prevent me from further damaging it.

I was given the choice of a cast or a more substantial splint so opted for the latter, at least with this I can wash myself properly.

That's great news Sean.  I am even more pleased to hear that you can wash yourself.

Great pics Kay. Thanks for the info.  Hope not to have to bother you with any fractures of my own!

You're happy! How do you think Paula feels? :lol2

Thanks Kay, you are of course spot on but then am I right in thinking you are a radiologist? 

Glad to hear you don't need an operation Sean, hope the pain is settling down a little now.   :thumbsup   Could I recommend a Loofa to wash yourself properly with though as opposed to the 'rather substantial splint' you mentioned!   3jsn.gif

• 3 months later...

I’m still having problems with this wrist; it clicks when I move it and is still sore to the touch at the point of the break.

Well I was back in hospital yesterday having it looked at and after a few X-Rays it was revealed that the bone has reset close enough to the original position but it looks like ligament damage.

So I am going back for an MRI and some physiotherapy and back to the hand clinic in two months.

Apparently I will never get the full range of movement again but unless I want to become a waiter that shouldn’t really be a major problem. lolblue.gif

Archived