Tardebigge Run 28th Nov

Sean Barker

Great to see such a good turnout today, even if my involvement was somewhat short-lived.

I set off with the A group but had to answer a text just after setting off and lost touch with the group, I gave chase but shortly after passing the B group (traveling in the opposite direction) I came to a slight bend in the road and my back wheel slipped from under me. I was traveling fast and consequently hit the ground hard. I completely shredded my tights at both knees and the backside and destroyed my right hand glove.

Fortunately Tony Shardlow was on the scene after a few minutes and stayed with me until I gathered what senses I have, he straightened my shifters and made sure I was steady enough to be left to make my way home. A big thank you Tony, your assistance was much appreciated.

Anyway it appears there is no damage done to my person apart from a swollen right wrist and some superficial grazing. I think I might be stiff for a few days though.

Today's war wounds

tlkg.jpg

A couple of bangs on the knee

uzcc.jpg

A pretty big graze on my backside

In fact a huge graze, below is a picture of Mount Everest for the purposes of scale

climbing-mount-everest-5.jpg

Sean, did you really have to test those new Aldi tights to destruction?

It was a shame but I was so relieved when after turning around for you to inspect my assos top you announced it was blemish free.

Fancy showing me your backside!

I hope you are not too shaken.

I have no shame lolblue.gif

I'm fine thank you Kay, only really my right wrist that is troubling me but in a day or two I expect it will be fine

I thought you were supposed to pressure wash with dilute salt water (use a syringe).

Wash thoroughly with soap & water nothing stronger.

Then the hydro colloid dressing. Stays in for a week. No scab less scarring. Expensive but brilliant!

Then keep out of sunlight whilst pink to prevent scarring.

My son went head over heels frim top to bottom of the track. Every part if his body had a graze. This is what we had to do.

If it's bigger than you're palm you're supposed to go to AE. Any little bits if debris need to come out or pus collects around them. My husband tells me both leaches and maggots are the best for making sure the wound is clean.

Hope it gets better soon.

I thought you were supposed to pressure wash with dilute salt water (use a syringe).

Wash thoroughly with soap & water nothing stronger.

Then the hydro colloid dressing. Stays in for a week. No scab less scarring. Expensive but brilliant!

Then keep out of sunlight whilst pink to prevent scarring.

My son went head over heels frim top to bottom of the track. Every part if his body had a graze. This is what we had to do.

If it's bigger than you're palm you're supposed to go to AE. Any little bits if debris need to come out or pus collects around them. My husband tells me both leaches and maggots are the best for making sure the wound is clean.

Hope it gets better soon.

That's really good advice, if ever I take a graze to the face I shall follow that to the letter

Suppose as it's you're bottom you couldn't be blamed for thinking a cream for nappy rash would be good.

Well Paula would tell you I'm really just a big baby lolblue.gif

Sean, I'm sure you irrigated the grazes well with clean saline water, but seriously, those hydrocolloidal dressings are really good and will enable you to ride with minimal inconvenience. Get them from Boots. Don't forget the tetanus jab if you're not up to date!

Well after a restless night and waking up with a very swollen wrist I headed off to A&E.

After some X-Rays it was discovered that I chipped a bone in my wrist. The upshot is I have the wrist in a splint and its back in a few weeks to see where the bone fragment has resided. If it (as hoped) fuses against the bone it will be left but if it is floating around it will have to be removed.

On the upside my abrasions are now all dressed but I’m going to be off the bike for a while. 

Hi Sean, It's what is known as Murphy,s Law, you being of Irish descent will understand!!! Tough luck, I'm sure you are well and truly P-s--d off. Hope you are not faced with dealing with the floating bits. There is always a positive, those you have tortured in the past can give you a hard time on your return. maybe!! Best Wishes and hope we see you Saturday.

Archived