Tardebigge Run 21st Nov

Mick Hazlewood

Blessed with good weather today we had a good turnout at Tardebigge.  Again there was a big 'A' group, the numbers seem to be growing by the week.  They soon disappeared in a cloud of spray with Mike and Sam showing them the way as usual.  I joined Ivor's small 'B' group and we enjoyed a scenic route to Julies. Our ride was uneventful except that we lost 'Big Gear' Bob and Pete C along the way. I suspect Bob had got to get to work and Pete, when he arrived at the cafe said he had stopped for some peas.  At least that's what I think he said, it's very noisy in there - bloomin cyclists! The 'A's arrived not long after us and their group had managed to keep together, though some looked as if they had been working very hard. The cafe emptied all of a sudden after a shout of "Aldi" went out.

I bet there's nothing left when I get there this afternoon - bloomin cyclists!

A heap of Saracens out today and we were pleased to see Terry Carbutt  riding with the 'A's. Hope you enjoyed your day Terry.

Went back to Aldi this afternoon and there seemed to be plenty of stock left. Tried on the new style jacket and was quite impressed. had it been in any other colour than black I might have bought one. Came away with some base layer bottoms and if they are as good as they look they will be a bargain.  Might road test them tomorrow if it's dry and if OK I will go and get a matching top.  Wearing them around the house at the moment, with the curtains drawn of course.

Any test results yet Sean?

Went back to Aldi this afternoon and there seemed to be plenty of stock left. Tried on the new style jacket and was quite impressed. had it been in any other colour than black I might have bought one. Came away with some base layer bottoms and if they are as good as they look they will be a bargain.  Might road test them tomorrow if it's dry and if OK I will go and get a matching top.  Wearing them around the house at the moment, with the curtains drawn of course.

Any test results yet Sean?

Have a gander in

Yes Dave,  Good A run today 11 in all and a good pace set all the way.

There was a few tired legs starting to show on the run in from Himbleton  towards

Droitwich but every body kept in touch, well done Laura for hanging on in there.

Good to see Terry Carbutt out today,  must be the first ride you've had for a few

weeks as you never go out on your bike.

Archived