Thursday Run 14th November

DaveM

Well it was a nice sunny day when we set out but it soon changed on arrival at the Tardebigge.  The temperature dropped and the rain came down. There was quite a crowd huddled under the bridge all muttering and tutting, waiting for someone to make a move.  Liegh was the first to mutiny, taking a group to 'the cafe round the corner.' Mike and Sam were next to ride off into the gloom, but Sam was soon back, stopping briefly to declare that she was now making for home.  This started panic and people began to flee in all directions.  The rain eased, a shout of 'Julies' was heard and a small group of us made off in the direction of Droitwich.  Mandy and I took the direct route and made it to the cafe through a few showers.  About half an hour later we were joined by Ken, Vince, John S, and Gary.

Sitting here now well fed with the sun streaming through the window you wouldn't believe

how rough this morning had been.

Sorry we didn't join you in Julies but decided to ride on home while the legs were still going

round. Unfortunately Michelle's legs gave out on the final scent of Dayhouse Bank.

Upon nearing home I realised what a quiet morning it had been amazing what a drop of rain

and struggle into the wind will do.

The B ship didn't café stop at the start but sailed close hauled to Port Alcester and then tacked back to the Man on the Moon. No problems with the crew,. Captain Myttion and his Parrot stayed in his cabin and  no number two in sight, just goes to show we can manage without men with epaulettes and.no mention of mutiny either. The harmonious crew comprised deckhands Big Shane, India Richard. Pelvis Dave, one foot Leigh and me.

Don't know what all the fuss is about, I had a lovely ride. Mind you, I studied the weather maps and didn't go out until the rain had passed over the yardarm. As the Kinks might have sung - Cycling on a Sunny Afternoon   :smile:  Shame about the wind though 

Just goes to show what a well drilled crew can do.

Regardless of bad weather they still made the right port.

Even injured, and about to be transfered,the B run crew pulled thro.

One would not have expected anything less.

Squark!Squark!...shiver me timbeeeers...

Kay We have some very experienced cyclists in this this club, who have used recognised, tried and tested methods to improve performance on the bike over many years (before Garmin etc} Dave is one of them, a very committed to promote cycling and helpful man to the less experienced. This might sound undiplomatic and controversial, it's meant with good intentions to help you. I really do suggest that you follow the information he has sent to you, I'm sure it will help you to stay with the B group without being constantly dropped and at times, arrive home after dark, days are getting shorter. You may even aspire to the A group as some other ladies have, a shining example is Dave's wife Mandy, who listened to him and probably hasn't been cycling for as long as you have, dare I say a bit older. She even records excellent times for 10 mile time trials, It wouldn't surprise me if she does good times for 25 ml TT next year and shames some male club members, me included.

I am not aware I have received any information from Dave. However, I would love to receive some and would find it and the valuable experience useful. Yes please. I am always looking for new material / advice.

Mandy is absolutely fantastic I am so impressed. If ever I could aspire to this.

And,! Finally! Thank you! For you MOST HELPFUL! Advice.

Archived