Steady run Sun.17th. Nov.

rovi

Will be joining the 'A's this Sunday and I don't really want to go all the way to the Forest as it means getting up an hour earlier. Could someone give me an idea of the proposed route to the cafe so that I can RV ?

Via clean tarmac roads that is!

Well what an eventful start to today’s A run.

The roads all around the Forrest pub (including the motorway) were all cordoned off and heavily policed. We were soon to discover that “A jumper” was atop the bridge spanning the motorway and was ready to jump. I use the word “ready” loosely as apparently he had been there since 11:00am the previous day. If anyone has any updated information on this drama please let me know.

Anyway the unfortunate thing was it not only delayed some of us it hampered Chris Kent and stopped Ken Haddon reaching us at all.

Anyway we set off and enjoyed a lovely autumnal day picking Chris up at Tardebigge and making our way to The Tuckery café in Warwick shortly after Ken had arrived, as had indeed the B group. After a pleasant café stop we were then joined by Owen and Ken on the return trip.

Today’s A riders were;

Chris Pardoe

Mick Hazelwood

Kevin Young

Sean Barker

Chris Kent

Phil Carbutt

Ken Haddon

Owen Hazelwood

Derek Barton

I’m not entirely sure of who was in the B group as the cafe was packed and the B group slipped out before I could make them all out but I did notice Ivor Myttion, Duncan Myttion, Barry Lucas and Pete Cooper. Apologies to those I missed, perhaps someone could fill in the blanks. 

The M42 has reopened after police successfully talked down a man threatening to jump off a bridge.

The road was closed between the M5 and junction 1 at Bromsgrove at 12.45pm on Saturday as police negotiated with the man and remain closed throughout Sunday morning.

The man has been detained  under the Mental Health Act by police.

Supt Kevin Purcell, of West Mercia Police, said: "I would like to apologise to all motorists and local people who have experienced significant disruption as a result of this incident.

"Clearly, we strive to resolve such matters as quickly as possible, but I would like to make it clear that the threat of harm both to the individual concerned and to vehicles driving on the M42 is so significant that there was no alternative but to close the motorway, and for it to remain closed until the incident has run its course.

"Once again I apologise for any inconvenience caused and would thank members of the public and local community for their patience and understanding."

One addition to our A group again leaving the Forrest this morning was Derek Barton.

Like last week we had his company for a good few miles and this week a little further.

Good to have you with us and look forward to seeing you out next Sunday.

A good solid ride was had today, thankyou all  for the company.

Archived