Thursday 'A' Run 7th November

DaveM

Thought I would give the 'A's a try today and see how long I could hang on. When they set off it turned out to be one of the largest groups I have seen for a Thursday.  There must have been seventeen riders at least.  Was there anyone left for the 'B' group?   We set off for Whitlenge at a brisk pace via Bradley Green, Abberton, North Piddle, Droitwich, Rushock and Cutnall Green.  Well we didn't get the normal amount of punishment for a Thursday but still only about half were left at reaching Cutnall Green.  Some I know were not intending to stop at the cafe and I suspect one or two may have crash landed at Julies.

The 'B's and 'C's were already at the cafe when we arrived.  The 'C's were just about ready for the off and the 'B's sprawled out looking like they had just finished a medieval feast.  When we eventually managed to prise ourselves away, M and I then made our own way back to Droitwich.

I know the 'B's had a very enjoyable run and the weather was most kind to us all today.

Apologies to Chris Kent, who some how got left behind because of a puncture. Not something that would normally happen.

Well done to Laura who survived her first ordeal of the 'A's today.

And ......yes that was Tony Lowe you saw just after setting off. He was on a mountain bike going the wrong way!  I'll tell you why next time we are out.

I missed the start due to other commitments but headed for the cafe as soon as I could and made it there just before everyone else got there.

It was nice to get out on the mountain bike again, must make a point of using it more now the winter is in, thicker tyres and disc brakes make for an altogether more reassuring ride. 

Archived