Steady run Sun 3rd. Nov.

rovi

Heya

I met one of your members and got chatting to him at speeds in bromsgrove. He said I should come on a ride.

I've never done a group ride before. I wouldn't say I'm slow, but would prefer a steady first run? Could I join this ride maybe? I'm female, and 25, and very often cycle 60-80km on my own. Would be great to push myself with a group :)

Hiya,

Let me introduce myself, I'm Mike and I am Owens dad who you would have spoken to in Speeds.

We would gladly welcome you on one of ours runs and would suggest the B run is probably the better run for you to go out with for the first time.

This would enable you to meet a few of the other club members and have a steady ride which may suit you better.

If you are thinking of this Sunday the destination as you can see is Stourport and it is possible that the run can meet you on route if you did not want to ride to Rednal.

The A run who meet at the Forrest at 9.30 will also be going to Stourport cafe via a different longer route and at a faster pace.

Please keep in touch via the forum and we look forward to meeting you.

Hi Lauralane my name is Mandy it's great to hear you are interested in coming out with us on a run. ( not enough of us ladies by the way!! )  I joined the Saracen earlier this year and have been made to feel very welcome by everyone.  There's a lot of very experienced riders who are more than willing to pass on their skills.  You will be well looked after as I have been.  I will be out this Sunday look forward to meeting you.  :smile:

:) ill see you Sunday then! I only live a mile from the Chinese in rednal, the Lai ling opposite the hare and hounds (if that's the one you're meeting at)

Ill be there about 9.

Glad you're going Mandy!! Was worried about being the only female!

Looking forward to meeting you all :)

We met the 'B's on time at Chaddesley and it was a lovely sunny run through the gardens, sorry lanes, of Doverdale and across the river at Holt Fleet.  Then directly to Stourport where we found the'A's just arriving at the cafe. Although we all arrived at the same time, filling the cafe, the staff coped well and we were all soon served. Mike H arrived a few minutes after we had all settled.  He had been delayed by his crank falling off his bike.  Makes a change from him falling off! 

After a mass toilet stop we made our way back through Hartlebury where we let the 'A's go ahead to start their gallop home. We parted company at 'The Gated Road' and made for Droitwich.  I hope the rest of the ride went well.

Thanks Ivor for another great Autumn ride.  Nice to meet Laura today, hope she enjoyed the ride and that she will join us again soon.

Today's 'A's were Chris P, Ken, Kevin, John S, Phil C, and Mike H and the 'B's were Ivor & Son, Tony S, Gary, Chris T,Chris K, Owen, Sean, Mandy, Dave and welcome guest's Laura and Richard K.

Hi Laura 

Mandy has gone off to work so she won't see your post till very late tonight, but I am sure she would say that she was pleased you enjoyed today and weather permitting will see you Thursday.

I think I can say on behalf of all the other club members - we were pleased to have you with us.

First time for many years I've seen so many Saracen riders on the road.

Good day even with the wind blowing.

Started out well from the Forest but MickH had a crank come adrift unfortunately Owen had the spanner

and went to start from the Lickys, so he had to return home to fix it. Then Kevin had a problem with trees

in his mudguards followed by JohnS not being able to find a small enough gear when climbing out of

Bewdley. Still we finally made to the cafe in one piece.

Great to see two younger riders with us.

Welcome Laura.

Hope to see you on Thursday weather permitting for another trip.

ChrisP

Archived