Help

Leigh

Unfortunately ( for me) I cannot cycle for some time. The real bad news is my dear (as in expensive) wife has found a pastime for me..... CHORES. I used my first line of defense but crying didn't work . I then tried doing them badly as this unfortunately had worked in another area of our married life ,but not on chores . She made me do them again ... Help I need a decent ruse to free me from this domestic slavery.

Leigh there is a simple mathematical formula here, let me explain; You have to convince your wife that you are so stupid that it would just take longer to explain how to do any task, no matter how menial, than it would to just do it herself.

Now knowing you as well as I do you really shouldn’t have any trouble.

Leigh I really sympathise with you on this one and would like to help with a few suggestions. One why don't you join the Legion. No not the British Legion, the French Foreign Legion. Or run away with the circus. The Moscow State Circus is in Worcester this week.  I could give you a lift down there. Have you thought of studying music? There is a great school of music in Vienna.  We could get a collection from all the local cycling clubs and pay your fees.  I think it's a five year course

728m.gif.

Leigh,   Try and  fake chest pains or chronic back pain , sit  down and say your going to the Doctor, It's at the end of the road called "The Hanbury Turn" but don't go swimming otherwise you will blow your cover. I have a similar problem when not cycling, but being deaf I can say I never heard you!, now she puts it in writing, I think i'll need new spectacles soon. Hope the foot problem soon heals and then you can work for us.  ON THE FRONT!!  Best Wishes

Leigh, further to my original comment, which could have got you into further trouble, I would add another unhelpful one, which is that you're obviously not yet old enough to use the excuse that some of us do, namely that you've forgotten what you got up/went into the next room/went upstairs/went to the shop for; and I further apologise for the long sentence ending in a split infinitive :unsure:

Your wife doesn't show much compassion does she Leigh?

You have just under gone major surgery on your foot.. as well as being old and totally useless!

How does she expect you to do chores?

Big. Gear. Bob  :smile: 

Archived