Club Run - Tuesday 15th October

Mrs DAVIES

Can you give a breakdown of the route Sean. If not I will meet you there.  By the river that is.....

Shall we gather at the river

Where bright angels feet have trod

Shall we gather at the river 

That flows from the sweet love of God

Yes we will gather at the river

The beautiful, beautiful river

Yes we will gather at the river

That flows from the sweet love of God   :tongue:

Kay the meeting time is 9:30am

I was at the Man in the Moon at the designated time but once the group headed off I hightailed it to the Rednal meeting point in case anyone had made for there. I got there at 9:40 and as no one was there made my way to Tardebigge in case anyone was there but again I found it deserted.

I made my way to Evesham by the usual route and picked up Dave Mitchel and Mike Hazelwood a couple of miles beyond Tardebigge. We rode to Evesham where we were soon joined by Leigh and Gethin and enjoyed a particularly long café stop.

The three of us made our way back dropping Dave at Droitwich then Mike rode the legs off me all the way back to Bournheath.

Never have I been so glad to bid someone adieu as I was as Mike and I parted, at long last I could give my lungs a chance to recover. 

I'm not sure where the main group made for, perhaps someone could enlighten us?

The *Man on the Moon group made are way to Kenilworth. Seven riders, Dave,  Len, Colin,  Richard, Sean, John and myself, On leaving the café Sean suggested the route 52 cycle track from Kenilworth to Balsall Common, unfortunately after 5miles the track ended, we turned round and after 2miles  found a dirt track which took us to a road  to Balsall Common and home, for me a total of 62miles. You could say after a confused start an eventful but enjoyable day. For future reference the Tuesday group meet at the  Man on the Moon  Oct' and Dec' and Rednal  Nov' at 9.30.

Archived