OBITUARY:-Julian Reynolds COURT (B:- 02/04/1934)

ChrisKENT

It is with deep regret that I notify you all of the death of my very dear cousin at 22.20hrs on Friday the 11th October 2013 whilst at the ALEXANDRA Hospital, where he had been admitted to on the previous Sunday. I believe that Julian was an above average local rider in the 50's as a member of the West Heath, Concorde and the Saracen R.C. (for approximately 2 years). A manufacturer of fine jewellery by trade with his latter working life spent in teaching the skills at the Birmingham College of Art & Design. A "gentle Gentleman" and a knowledgeable thoroughly "nice bloke" to boot as anyone who met or had the privilege of knowing him would attest I'm sure. Julian had not enjoyed the best of health in the last 10 years:- Heart Surgery followed by prostate cancer diagnosis some 6 years ago preceded the return of cancer some 18 months ago with secondaries & most recently that of bone cancer that had spread to his spine. To add further to his woes a brain haemorrhage was diagnosed on Monday which in fact proved to be the final-straw. Fate, destiny and this "mortal-coil" had indeed dealt him a cruel hand!!! The SMILE, DIGNITY & POSITIVITY with which he bore this suffering had to be seen to be believed and I for one will never forget either those qualities or HIM. I had the great pleasure in spending some 50+ hours beside him over those last five days, not wanting him to endure the final test as a solo but with a "TWO-UP PARTNER" alongside. I will notify you all when final arrangements have been made. "GOOD NIGHT GOD BLESS & MAY YOUR GOD GO WITH YOU" JULIAN.

Our deepest sympathy on the sad loss of your cousin Chris.  I don't think we had the privilege of meeting this gentleman and it sounds as though he had an awful lot to cope with over the last few years.  The most important thing though Chris is that you were there giving him lots of kindness and support during his last few days.

Mandy and Dave 

A desperately sad end to a tragic situation.

Chris when you were telling me about this last week, it was clear you were expecting the worst.

I know this has been an extremely difficult and painful week for you and you know you have my deepest condolences and complete respect.

I’m sorry I never got to know your cousin but it’s obvious he was held in deep affection by those that did know him

You have been and continue to be in our thoughts

Sean and Paula  

Archived