Dogs their Secret Lives

Sean Barker

Dogs their Secret Lives on Channel 4 - Monday 8:00pm

Just thought I'd come over all proud parent for a moment. My daughter;s latest project is this programme for Channel 4

She will be behind the camera but my dog Amber will have a small part in the programme, in fact the trailer below has her and Paula walking down New street but blink and you'll miss it

You will see them at around 6 seconds

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dogs-their-secret-lives/videos/all/dogs-their-secret-lives-trailer

The funniest thing about all this was when Mandy was explaining to me in the café on Thursday how the programme has helped her immeasurably inasmuch as the skills in training dogs are transferable. She proudly told me how she has helped Dave with his separation anxiety by giving him the run of three rooms downstairs, his own blanket and a dog toy stuffed with frozen vegetarian pate for him to extract while she is out for long spells.

Just an update on Dave's Separation Anxiety Programme which he started a week ago after watching the 'Dogs Their Secret Lives' programme that Sean's daughter produced.  I can already see some improvement!  I can walk upstairs without him following me saying 'turn the lights off, it's not Blackpool you know!'  He has stopped chewing 'The Cycling Weekly' and sits on his new blanket reading it nicely while I'm in the kitchen making soup for him.  When I return from work he stays sitting on his bed until I say 'Good boy Dave, come here' and I give him the T.V. remote control which he will play with for hours on end!!  We still have to conquer a few strange little habits but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.   :tongue:

Mandy, I noticed when he came to our house last week he spent a lot of

time in the garden in the cold and rain, is this something he doe's at home

or is he allowed into the house?

When he was eventually let in by my lads he curled up on our settee and was

begging for a drink and biscuit with a very sad face.

I also noticed he perked up when you arrived, got quite excited and soon jumped in the car to go home.

Archived