of Tony Quinton, after a heart attack.

Tony was a long standing member of the club,

actively involved in all aspects of club life

including time trials until his unfortunate

accident some years ago.

We shall post the funeral arrangements as

soon as possible.

Very sorry to hear this sad news.

Tony was a very good friend to me in the early days of my cycling career and was very

forthcoming with help and advice when needed.

Great memories riding with him in 2up Team Time trials on many occasions and usual on fixed gear.

I think Tony also rode fixed wheel as I did in the National 24hr race in 1983.

Unfortunately after his accident with having to give up work at Cadburys as a driver I saw less of

Tony as the years went by but always managed a good chat when we caught up at various Saracen

functions.

R.I.P Tony.

I am very sad to hear the news.Tony was very good friend and club member. We enjoyed many a club run together in the 50s.

One happy memory was of Tony getting told off by a landlady on a weekend away in Wales, with the remarks "guests are not seen in their nightwear,thank you". We always reminded him of that.

he was good and loyal friend.

Sad news the death of Tony.

He's name makes me think of Whitsun, Builth Wells Rally racing weekends.

Morris Minor Travellor full of children and camping gear.

Or the extraordinary boozers run held at the Bluebell Earlswood when it was a cider house.

Tony and Lionel sleeping it of in Pete and Bonnys garage.

Happy days..

Shame the accident stopped him joining in with clubs latest revival he would have been a good guide.

Sad news indeed, Tony was a good roll model to me in my early days on the bike, sadly since his accident I too only saw him on rare occasions, all my  memories of Tony remain only good. we had many fine battles together, rest in peace matey.

Colin Bradley  

Tony Quinton’s funeral will be held on Monday 7th October at Redditch Crematorium, starting at 10.15 am, followed by interment at the crematorium grounds.

A reception will be held afterwards at Barnt Green Cricket Club, Cherryhill Road, Barnt Green B45 8LN.

From Redditch, follow the old Birmingham road through Alvechurch to Roberts Island, take the Barnt Green road, past Bittell Reservoir into the village, straight on under the railway bridge in the direction of Rednal. Cherryhill Road is the second road on the left after this bridge.

Archived