A, B and C Runs 31st July

rovi

It's with a heavy heart I have to send my apologies for a no show tomorrow. I have caught one helluva head cold (which I suspect is the result of standing on a street corner last Saturday/Sunday watching some mad people ride their bikes for 24 hours!!!) which has been plaguing me since Wednesday. I'm still having to take way too many paracetamol to get through the day and fear a club run would kill me rather than cure me :-/

I hope you all have a fab ride out. Miss you guys and really miss riding my bike!!! 

Another well organised route from Kevin Young.

Out to the east again a great find Ryton Poole Country Park the other side of Stoneleigh national show ground.

Took me back a few years to racing on the Baginton circuit or on the showground itself.

The group of 7 comprised of Speedy, Mick H, Owen H, Kevin R, Dave C, Kevin Y and Myself. 

As I arrived at the top of Weatheroak Hill first took a few snaps.

Great views.

208bh2w.jpg

Soon spoilt by a group of men in licra.

nbrtjn.jpg

10gfewz.jpg

KIDS should be left at home.

rcnjbr.jpg

Doesn't get any easier.

1110di1.jpg

2a5wxus.jpg

.2rndmqp.jpg

And the rest.

24x4e82.jpg

Our new watering hole.

24d08k4.jpg

20k4xu1.jpg

2hdb70l.jpg

2m33786.jpg

After some chat about the new venue and the route out.

The conversation turned to horticulture like it does. In particular the size of your tomatoes

and the height of ones plants.

It would appear all club members in the Bromsgrove area have been supplied with the well known Moira Blackburn

variety. These are free growing but are supplied with out growing instructions and as our member seem to lack green finger have all gone past the three truss height where they need pinching off. Kevin Young thought a truss was used for other purposes.    

Kevin Roger living close to the said Moira Blackburn Garden Centre tried to help but Owen pointed out that his plants were so tall Hannah couldn't reach the top to chop them off.

To conclude, it was decide that help was needed and Moira Blackburn may be able to offer some guidance by opening a page on the web with weekly gardening tips. 

6szb4k.jpg

.15riqo1.jpg

Garmin says this is the way home.

2eoi3dc.jpg

24px8bo.jpg

A big thank you again to Kevin Y for finding and directing us to a great location.

After a chat at Tardebigge, the B's set off on an exploratory ride to Hidcote Gardens, a new venue. The route went via Webheath, Inkberrow, Dunnington, Bidford, Dorsington. We then trusted the road signs and followed them to Mickleton. A sign saying 1.5miles to Hidcote. Hooray we thought. The last bit was up a 12% hill on tired legs. Great!!  A well deserved tea and cake at the outdoor café. Photos may follow if I can work out how to upload them. The return trip via Lower Quinton, Long Marston and Dorsington. Think we put in an extra loop somehow. Good company and a nice route on good roads.  Lee legs de Gray unfortunately broke a spoke on the outward ride and had to retire. Hope you got back OK Lee. 75miles clocked up.

Those present    Moira, Bev, Dave S, Tim, Gary. Ruth, Lee.

20160731_115448.jpg

20160731_115511.jpg

Hi guys. First of all its de Grey with an e Moira. I can't afford the a !!!

what can I say ....EPIC !!!!

after refusing the help of the Brueton and the lovely Ruth, I embarked on a 25m walk home !!!

what was i thinking

no phone   Girl friend in Berlin !!!

in the words of Mrs Brown...oh feck !!!

luckily I was rescued by a passer by 

a detour to the Spa I thought I would find my 80 year mother at home. I could change bikes over !  

However she was out on the lash !!!

luckily the forth garage door was open I changed to my winter hack !!

with no spare inner tube ! I ride tubs on bike 1 I rode back to Worcester, with a 40m detour.  65 for the day.

missing the A ride  but loving the B's

Oh my God Lee. Oh my God. What f**k?!?!?

Sorry to hear about your eventful ride, but take comfort that your report led to a little laugh from me (followed by a coughing fit - karma some might say!!!)

Sounds like everyone had a blast one way or another! Wish I could have been out today, but carrying the wet washing up the stairs was more than enough exercise for me. :-( I hate feeling so poorly and weak, especially in July/August!

I for one certainly feel that the Saracen RC forum couldn't hurt for having a gardening tips section! Especially given that both seasoned and new (ish!) members apparently have such green fingers! Us rookies could do with the help. ;-)

Both Mick and O had high praise for the cafe and the photos of the latest edition to the club run locations looks lovely!

Again, gutted not to be out riding today, but lovely to see both As and Bs exploring new routes, new locations and these explorations being well documented with photos!!! Makes those of us not able to get out feel that little bit better about the situation!

Oh legs De Grey with an E you made it home but did you make it to Costa Worcester sounds like you needed one after that walk !!!

Thanks to the Sextons a lovely new venue and great smooth roads with excellent views a very enjoyable ride even the 12% hill . And you got the photos uploaded. But we did miss Mr Shelly . 

Gary must have had some extra protein in his sandwich as he put his foot well and truly down the last 20 miles .

• Sean Barker changed the title to A, B and C Runs 31st July

For the record, I left late (very late) and made my way to Craycombe (as I knew that Dave & Mandy were going there) via FHL, Philpott Towers and Pinvin,  then looped round via Bishampton in the hope of seeing someone (anyone). Arriving at the bottom of Fladbury hill after 12.30, I assumed that everyone would have left cafe by then, so retraced via Bishampton and Droitwich, where I caught up with a nice couple called John & Sylvia, triathletes. Sylvia has expressed an interest in joining us on Thursdays, so please keep an eye out for her. 

On a point of principle, do I qualify for a Clubrun point (ditto for Dave & Mandy)?  ?

For the record, I left late (very late) and made my way to Craycombe (as I knew that Dave & Mandy were going there) via FHL, Philpott Towers and Pinvin,  then looped round via Bishampton in the hope of seeing someone (anyone). Arriving at the bottom of Fladbury hill after 12.30, I assumed that everyone would have left cafe by then, so retraced via Bishampton and Droitwich, where I caught up with a nice couple called John & Sylvia, triathletes. Sylvia has expressed an interest in joining us on Thursdays, so please keep an eye out for her. 

On a point of principle, do I qualify for a Clubrun point (ditto for Dave & Mandy)?  ?

I saw Dave as we were leaving Craycombe.

I'll add the three of you to the points table now :)

Archived