World Road Champs

TonyS

In case anyone was wondering .....

The BBC has bought the UK TV rights to the World Champs coverage, which probably means variable timings and either ill-informed or un-intelligible commentary!

Check BBC2 schedules for further details; in theory the TT is being covered 13.40-16.10 on Wednesday 25th.

Not BBC coverage per se. The live video coverage is generally ok whichever channel you watch, but at least one of the English speaking commentators (no channels, no names!) is getting a bit 'long in the tooth', another sometimes talks utter rubbish, whilst some of the comments made by the non-cyclist presenters on terrestrial tv show their lack of in-depth knowledge. Maybe I'm just being picky, anyway I resorted to muting the sound yesterday whilst watching the Tour of Britain on ITV4 :excl:

A.Pedant (or should that be Pedalant?)

Not BBC coverage per se. The live video coverage is generally ok whichever channel you watch, but at least one of the English speaking commentators (no channels, no names!) is getting a bit 'long in the tooth', another sometimes talks utter rubbish, whilst some of the comments made by the non-cyclist presenters on terrestrial tv show their lack of in-depth knowledge. Maybe I'm just being picky, anyway I resorted to muting the sound yesterday whilst watching the Tour of Britain on ITV4 :excl:

A.Pedant (or should that be Pedalant?)

I usually do that when I'm watching football  :biggrin:

Couldn't agree more. The coverage of the Tour of Britain is appalling. You would have thought that they would have learnt from the Olympics fiasco. After he was sacked from his last job I thought we had heard the last of HP. He must have friends in high places.  I think he has some sort of fixation for pyrotechnics.  Every commentary he makes will include, ' there will be fireworks', 'he's going to light the blue touch paper', 'the race has imploded'. If you ad to those phrases, 'the rain is peppering down', 'tapping out a rhythm on the pedals', 'it's going right down to the wire',  ' it's  war of attrition', ' he's in the mix', 'the winner is the first past the post',  you will have tomorrow's commentary.

Archived