World Triathlon Championship Results.

As some of you will know our resident triathlete Sam Boswell

was competing in the age group World triathlon champs in London at the

weekend after qualifying in the British champs in Liverpool earlier on

this season with an overall time of 2hrs 18mins 35secs finishing 7th.

So after a few months of very hard training around the usual problems

of injury and setbacks she finally made it to the start line along with

100 + other women competitors in her age group.

The weather could have been better for all on the day and the swim was

shortened in distance because of the water temperature and I believe the

roads for the bike were also wet.

Anyway all that said, Sam had a cracking race finishing 16th overall and

8th British woman over the line with a time of 2hrs 7mins 47secs.

The winner Sandra Pat of Switzerland finished with a time of 2.00.08.

Sam did go on to tell me that if she had gone a minute quicker overall she

would have been in the top 10. OH WELL theres always next year.

I'm sure if I have any of the details above wrong she will let us know

as she is going to post her own account of the race soon I hope.

A GREAT RESULT, WELL DONE

Fantastic performance.

I’ve been fortunate enough to know Sam for some twenty years and always marvelled at her athletic excellence. Her modest and charming persona belies a gritty determination that is nothing short of inspirational.

Well done Sam we are all proud of you.

Brilliant achievement Sam, we were with you ( spiritually ) all the way yesterday.  We know how hard you have been training over the months, the injuries that have cropped up, but you kept at it!!  I hope you are pleased with your performance.  We are so very proud of you.  Now go and sit down and put your feet up for a while!   :tongue:  

Thanks guys :-) ended up being a great weekend with lots of sight seeing with Charlie and Andy and couple of hours racing chucked in. Race day started at 5am as transition closed at 6.30 sharp. Not being off until 9.55 the 3 of us walked from the hotel to transition back to the hotel to stay warm then back to race start an hour or so later. That was a total of 90 minutes walking race morning, on top of several hours of walking the day before. The morning was very cold so the race organisers took the decision to shorten the swim to 750m. When the sun finally came up it was a beautiful morning in Hyde park. No wind, no rain, bit of warmth with the sun.....Autumn arrived at precisely 10.10 on Sunday morning when I was exiting transition on my bike! It was SO windy! I had a rubbish swim, got totally boxed in and actually you couldn't really call it a swim at all it was a blatant fight. Just got into my rhythm and it was time to get out, onto that windy bike course. Found the bike course fine apart from the wind and the many, many corners and you all know how good I am at corners!!! Knew I had to work hard on the run but as some of you know I broke a toe 6 weeks ago, ridiculous I know, boarding in Cornwall!... So not much run training in prep for this race which resulted in a huge blister developing on my soft untrained feet a third of the way through the race. God it sounds a disaster doesn't it but really I did enjoy the race and this is my highest finishing position in the world triathlon. It was such a fierce field too with there normally being 65-70 starters in my wave at the worlds to this year there being 115, the entire triathlon world wanted to be in London after our amazing Olympics last year. So it was a tough year to do this race but definitely one of the best. The support was amazing as you can imagine and the bike route made me feel very patriotic. Anyway sorry I babbled on a bit there. Back to my glass of red to wash down my fish n chips!!! Hope to see you all soon. X

Hiya Chris, not a bad bike really. Faster than some of the girls I rate as cyclists more than triathletes so pleased with that. Swim fight was partly due to stupidity on not getting to either end if the start line and being positioned dead central, perfect line to first buoy but where all the monster swimmers start... And I am NOT one of them!! Run couldn't be helped. Broke my toe boarding in Cornwall with Charlie...great fun, the boarding that is not the broken toe. Maybe I should have sat on the Side and watched but where's the fun in that??? :-)

Jodie swims in lots of different pools, you would ned to look for her. I first met her swimming for Oldbury just becoming a triathlete. Then on a TRI coaching course at Birmingham University assisting Steve Lumley. She presented my son with a trophy for representing the region in the nationals. Now I see her out riding or terrifying the cocky blokes half to death with her very assertive swimming. They usually bully me off the sweet spot on the wall.

Archived