Welcome Tim Crumpton

rovi

• 3 months later...

Thank you all for the welcome, particularly to Chris Kent who kindly invited me into your re invigorated club and even paid my subs!

Some of you will know that I did all of my racing back in the 1970's with the Solihull C.C.  I had the good fortune to have Saracen rivals in local road races, especially with Phil Carbutt, and Chris Pardoe.

One of my few claims to fame is my 2-up ten with the late great Paul Carbutt (RIP) on the Alcester Road, Paul had a GB squad pair of 24 spokers with silks, he chastised me for starting too fast, I then spent the majority of the ten miles hanging onto Paul's back wheel, and we still only managed 21.35 on a windy night!   

However, in '78 whilst in the Police in B'ham. City Centre I hooked up with Chris Kent again. I got married and moved to Bournbrook Road, Selly Park so  I started joining the Saracen Clubruns from Kings Norton Green.

I already knew most of the 'Clan' then having raced with many of them, we had some fantastic and very memorable runs in the eighties most of which included a Pub Stop and always included sprints for the 30 signs, at which I was no slouch! Such laughs with Chris Kent, Chris Pardoe, Dave Hale, John Edwards, Peter, and Phillip Carbutt, John Shelley, Pete Rogers, Mike Mc Clure et al...

Although I've lived near Southampton since the late 80's I still love the Worcs. and Warks lanes. Thanks for accepting me into the gang, Merry Christmas all and a very Happy 2014. Tim.

Archived