Forest Sunday 19th June

ChrisP

report later need a shower

To continue.

Sorry to hear about Mick McClure will catch up with him in the week.

Pleased to report no accidents on the A run apart from rather sore legs having completed

about 100 miles by the time I reached home. The Lickeys the final nail in the coffin.

So seven set of from the Forrest to tackle my circular route to Upton.

Mike H, Owen H, Dave C, Speedy Kev, Alec, Kevin Y and Myself.

Our route out was Droitwich, Ombersley, Hallow, Broadheath, Leigh Sinton before heading to Malvern to tackle

the West Face climb. After ascending the lower slopes and turning right to climb the main hill we caught a large

group of Solihull CC members. I Settled down for a steady climb which left Dave C and Speedy Kev to take on the task

of showing the opposition how it should be done. Mike H was taken back by the speed of one young lady who shot past him.

Regrouping at the top we descended taking care round the hairpins to Colwall. From there we made our way via

Ledbury, Eastnor, across the common past Dave & Judy's house going to fast with the wind behind us to stop.

Before turning right and dropping down to Upton arriving 12:15 the Bs having already left. By then I'd clocked up

almost 60 miles.

After food and water we returned home via Defford picking up those well used grooves in the road leading home.    

16bymau.jpg

34yprgy.jpg

im1mc4.jpg

Mike H having age and experience on his side try's to explain the best way to take on board needed liquid.

But you know what Children are like they always know best. 

15p3729.jpg

1ysv7k.jpg

Happy Days just like an old club run lots of miles great climbing and some down hill.

Not quite the best thing for Owen being on a fixed.

Should know better by now if I'm taking him out.

Archived