Bikes that are beyond belief.

Ohazlewood

ryj6.jpg

That’s what happened to me on this year’s Castleton Classic Audax. The rim just split. The rim must have been structurally compromised be the brake pads eating into it.

I was lucky really that it happened within the first couple of kilometres, I really wouldn’t have wanted to be stranded out in the middle of nowhere with a long trip back

That’s what happened to me on this year’s Castleton Classic Audax. The rim just split. The rim must have been structurally compromised be the brake pads eating into it.

Not wishing to correct you Sean, but the rim didnt just split, it split coz of poor maintenance and probably by using Shimano brake blocks.  ;)   It would have been getting thinner and thinner for weeks prior to it finally letting go........no excuses.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Not wishing to correct you Sean, but the rim didnt just split, it split coz of poor maintenance and probably by using Shimano brake blocks.  ;)   It would have been getting thinner and thinner for weeks prior to it finally letting go........no excuses.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Yeah you're most likely right Alan, I did ask for your advice after this and now use Koolstop 

I must admit though that they beat what I have previously used hands down

Archived