Mid Shropshire Wheelers Sunday crit no2

Hi all 

Another race goes by today and what a race!!!

I warm up for 10 mins on the rollers then a quick break for a gel and a banana, then back on the rollers for another 10 mins. A little rest and off to the circuit I go.

After a few laps to warm up and get to know the circuit we are stopped and we get told to line up and what for the whistle. And we are off..

Once again I'm starting at the back. As the laps go down I start moving up, with 23 laps to go I am in the front group. I start to believe that I can stay with them and with about 15 laps to go I drop my gears and in true Dave style i spin up my gear and attack high cadence but I only manage a small gap, then the peloton catch me back up and I'm on the front!!! With 10 laps to go I'm still holding on and I feel good. There's a crash behind me I don't know if I should to be kind and wait for the rest of the bunch but i get told to attack them by another rider so with 3 laps to go I'm with one other rider in second position. The peloton catch us up on the last lap but i try and hold my position but my confidence within the corner held me back so nerves start to get the better of me. Then the last lap I'm still in with a chance and the bunch is about to go around the last corner I start to move up and stay hidden waiting for the sprint and I push my way through the bunch and I manage to sprint to 4th

I'm over the moon with today's racing and hopefully ill have many more placings throughout the season. 

Lets keep showing people what us Saracens can achieve!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived