Club Run 10th April

Sean Barker

I think the 2aablef_th.jpg should go a little bit further than usual this week, as training for the Audax next week.

So I am thinking of the Wayside cafe' at Wickhamford. We can always alter course if the weather is bad, but I think the forecast is good.

See you Sunday morning.

John.  ?

I think the Bs should go a little bit further than usual this week, as training for the Audax next week.

So I am thinking of the Wayside cafe' at Wickhamford. We can always alter course if the weather is bad, but I think the forecast is good.

See you Sunday morning.

John.  ?

YES JOHN!!!! :-D Might not be saying that by the time we get home Sunday... but right now I'm opting for enthusiasm! You're right, forecast looks good. Cold morning to start but soon gets into double figure temps... although it will be windy too! Still, bring it on I say!!!

Chris remember those famous last words from John tomorrow when your sprinting to get home for 2.30 !!!!!!!!

25 ish out sounds good but sounds like we're coming the long way back as John is after those miles . John not too many hills pretty please don't mind the downs though. Hopefully it won't be raining like today. See you all in the morning and Bev and Kev are back early and are raring to go. ?

On John Shelley’s suggestion we headed out on a slightly longer ride today and made our way to Wickhamford Where the A and B runs converged.

It was particularly nice to be joined at the start for the first few miles by Chris Kent who is taking the first tentative steps on his comeback from surgery.

Chris and Michelle Thompson had to turn back just before the café due to time constraints but the remaining riders carried on where we enjoyed lunch be it to the unfortunate news that Speedy Kev had fallen victim to a tyre malfunction on the way out. We then enjoyed a wind assisted ride home

Today’s riders were

A Group

Mick Hazlewood

Owen Hazlewood

Alec Wright

Kevin Young

Kevin Rodgers

John Cartwright

Chris Pardoe

B Group

John Shelley

Tim Brueton

Moira Blackburn

Bev Abbots

Sean Barker

Dave Sexton

Alan Philpott

Michelle Thompson

Chris Thompson

And independently making their way there were Chris Philpott and Ruth Sexton

A few pic's from today's stop at the Wayside cafe at Wickhamford.

As you can see the B's were already to BUZZZZ of as we arrive sometime after them

and we needed some refreshment.

ng69ee.jpg

Nice to see Bev & Kev out seem to have been on holiday for ever.

2rfri9l.jpg

John Shelley looking very pleased with himself, only one who knows the way home.

34paoty.jpg

Rather a quick wind assisted ride home.

..Another great ride just need the sun to be a little warmer. 

Archived