LVRC Pinvin Road race report

Tim Farmer took part in the 45 mile Pinvin road race on Saturday 19th March his first race of the season.It was very cold but that did not stop Tim from riding a fine race in the A category (40-45 yrs). Tim only starting road racing last season where he took part in a couple of very tough races where he found the pace in the bunch difficult to stay with, but in every race he rode round the circuits and finished.

The Pinvin race was very fast with many attempts by riders to break away, Tim held on to finish in the bunch, which was a fantastic achievement for someone new to the cut and trust of LVRC road racing. Tim has now entered more races, for sure he will be competing for placings very soon.Tim is a fine example to others, why not join him in the peleton this season !!!!!

I  rode the 38 mile Pinvin road race E category (60-65yrs), on 20th March, it was very cold but dry so I was thankful for that. Riding these early season races makes me realise why I  stopped racing  some 30 years ago. Your chest hurts your heartrate is sky high and you hope your training  through the winter has been enough.

James Rutherford ( Omnipex) slipped away out of sight early in the race and there was several other attempts that were chased down by a very keen bunch. I did manage to give the bunch the slip but was pulled back, however in the final 5 mile Steve Jolly (Omnipex) finally did go clear, I also went clear but at the kilo mark I was engulfed by the bunch again. I contested the sprint to finish 5th in the sprint and 7 th in the race.

Sunday I rode the 38 mile Moda road race in Nottingham, the weather was awful with 20-30 mph winds.Riding in the bunch was not easy with gaps opening up and echelons forming across the roads making it a very nervy race. I decided to go away up the road in the hope others would come across to me. I was caught after about 6 mile but as soon I was caught I went away again alone, this time 5 others joined me and the break  rode very hard to stay away. With 5 mile to go Joey Williams(Omnipex) attacked the breakaway started to split and I found myself with a gap to close which I did not have the legs to close. I was finally caught by a chasing group of 10 where I managed to muster a final sprint to take 2 nd in the sprint 7th in the race and 4th in my age group. A very hard race won by Mark Robinson Hull rc.  

Archived