EASTER EPIC SPORTIVE

EASTER EPIC SPORTIVE

27/3/2016

x1j4le.jpg 2elftwj.jpg

2118 meters ascent...                                                 number 246, come in, your time is up...

As you get older, your supposed to get wiser, not me, yesterday I rode the slowest '10' I have ever done, and then a day later I'm riding the 80 mile Easter Epic sportive... a brute of a ride at the best of times, taking in all of your least favourite climbs, high winds, downpours, massive pot holes, gravelly corners, full brakes on descents, 1st gear climbs, etc...

262qe0x.jpg     11uuasl.jpg

HQ, nice and cosy...                                                         The evil organisers...

Normally I prefer to start just behind the main field, so I can cruelly pick them off, but some how I started in the first group, and within a mile, it had broken up, it was going to be a long day...

I rode on and off with a couple of guys,mostly just doing my own thing, and not stopping too long at the feed stations, just enough time to get fuelled up and go...

The middle part of the story is climb, descend, climb, descend, ad infinitum...

and the cruelty of the final lumpy 10 miles into the wind, a fitting finale to the harsh nature of the route.

Kev rating...brutal.

qx5idc.jpg but worth it, even if just for the cake...

6fpmdu.jpg and the medal obviously 

And you've signed yourself up for another bout of punishment tomorrow too! Sargent by name, trooper by nature! Here's hoping both the weather and terrain are a little more forgiving tomorrow!

That's a nice looking medal you've got there though!

Archived