Brooks customer care.

Sean Barker

brooks-swift_chr_black.jpg?w=350&h=350&a

I have been having problems with one of my brooks leather saddles (Swift titanium). In fact I have had problems with it since I bought it a couple of years ago. I went back to the Brooks factory last year with it and they re-shaped it. It was good for a while but soon misshaped again. I hasten to add I have six Brooks saddles and have never had a problem with any of the others. Anyway I called them up a couple of weeks ago to take it back into them, which was where I was this morning.

After inspecting it they decided the best course of action was to completely replace the leather with a new one built onto my titanium frame and at no cost to me whatsoever.

After a guided tour of the factory including all their saddles I was presented with my brand new saddle.

Now that is what I call first class customer care.

adore2.gif  Brooks-Logo-B332.png

I have heard about their customer care before what a fantastic company, we support them at speeds and the reps are amazing very helpful indeed. We hope to be getting there new saddle in when they are out its called the Cambium looks nice. is on the website if you want to see more. 

That's good to know Sean as I have this very same saddle, where did it start to fail, so I can keep an eye on it. I must admit mine is getting a bit on the soft side. 

It was really strange Colin, it seemed as though the leather was softer on one side of the saddle and it just stretched more on the one side.

I really do think it was a rare thing to happen to a Brooks saddle

Should have brought a proper plastic saddle they keep their shape and are

much lighter.

And are never as comfortable as a broken in Brooks and make your backside sweat  :unsure:

First the frame then the tyres, now the saddle. I think there's a message here.  STOP ABUSING YOUR BIKES! They have right's you know.  They can't take much more if this punishment.  :P

Actually you have a point Dave I have really been putting the bikes through it, I have ridden just over 3,000 miles in the last two months (that includes twenty three 200km Audax events

I have heard about their customer care before what a fantastic company, we support them at speeds and the reps are amazing very helpful indeed. We hope to be getting there new saddle in when they are out its called the Cambium looks nice. is on the website if you want to see more. 

I'll check them out Owen  ;)

Archived