Club Run 6th March

Sean Barker

It'll be cold tomorrow but should be dry so I'd prefer to get a good ride in if possible... not sure Wixford is going to be far enough? Sounds like a lovely invitation though!

Upton's a good ol' long ride - Up for doing that. Charlecote is always a personal fave... (can't go wrong with a log fire and good cake!)

Be good to get a venue confirmed before we go as some peeps may make their own way to the chosen destination and meet us there. 

Many Thanks to John and Cheryl,  and to the Evesham and District Wheelers for there invite to Wixford Village Hall today.   A great welcome was given to all Saracen riders who were fed with lovely homemade cake,  fresh tea and coffee.  A great day out,   Thankyou.

Mick.

B Run report

We met up at Tardebigge and decided that Wixford was the best option so led by John Shelley made our way there via the Lenches.

Mick McClure due to time constraints had to peel off early but the rest of the group were welcomed by the Evesham Wheelers where we enjoyed what was an excellent pop up cafe at the village hall where we were joind by Dave and Ruth Sexton and Chris Kent

I did chat make a point of thanking our hosts for the invite and looked forward to seeing them again next time around

All in all a most enjoyable ride and cafe stop.

Today's riders were

John Shelley

Chris Thompson

Moira Blackburn

Sean Barker

Tim Brueton

Mich Hazlewood

Hannah Smith

Gary Woodward

Could someone give me a roll call on the A Run, I do know that some if not all took part in the Bromsgrove Reliability ride today

The A run  for the 6th March was the Bromsgrove Reliability Run,  usual A run group riders all took part other than me.  I opted for a long ride on my own and a                          later start,  The A run riders as follows:-     Owen, Speedy, Dave C, Alec and Lee.

Are they not entitled to a Club run point. ?

I don't see why not Mick, we give a club point for riding the club Audax and the various Saracen club championships if they are on the same day as the club run and in this case as the A group cycled together representing the club it seems only fair to me.

Archived