Sunday 28th run

ChrisP

Very good turnout for a combined A + B run today to the Cob House Fisheries.  Quite a good pace via Cutnall Green, Holt Fleet and Wichenford.  Good coffee break with much 'swinging of the lamp' (talk of the old days) with a great choice of food at pensioners prices. When the return route was announced, Martley, Great Witely, Stourport, and Hartlebury I decided that was enough for me headed for home via Worcester.  I don't think I could have hung on having had a hard week.  Hope to hear how the return leg went.  Great to have two new faces join us today, Kevin Sargent from Speeds and Chris Poole who some of you may well know from recent times.  Hope that we will see you again soon guys.

Saracens out today were Ken Haddon, Chris Pardoe, Mike and Owen Hazlewood, Pete Cooper, Gary Woodward, Kev Young and myself and guests were Tony Shardlow, Kev Sargent and Chris Poole.

Thanks to Crispy for leading us today.

4gmp.jpg

Happy Days

k7ql.jpg

One of the local birds is attracted by the size of Crispy's banana.

Well it was great to be out on the Sunday clubrun for a change and a

new venue for me. What a great place, good food and in a superb location.

The ride back from the Cob House was a similar pace to the one there and a sign of a few tired legs.

We kept it all together until the lanes around Cutnall Green, Pete C started to loose contact on the hills and told us to carry on, a little later at Chaddesley our guest rider Chris Poole took the more direct route back to Bromsgrove and then on the climb out of Chaddesley towards Belbroughton Owen decided he would do a turn on the front ( better late than never ) and I don't think we saw GaryW again.

Things then got out of hand ( well boys will be boys ) and it became a bit err. Well you can guess the rest.

No nothing changes really, just like it was 40 years ago I suppose.

A great day out, great company and I hope both Speedy Kevin and Chris Poole are out again very soon with us.

Archived