TT Results

Three Saracens rode TT's this week.  Mike H travelled up to Shropshire on Wednesday evening for the Birkenhead RC Open '10' on the D10/19.  In spite of having bruised ribs from his recent crash Mike put down a splendid 24:04.  This weekend he will be riding another '10' on the K11 near Coventry, all the best for that.

On Thursday evening Mandy and I rode the Bromsgrove  Club '10' on the K32. We both had good rides, Mandy recording 32:21 for her first attempt on that course and I managed a new PB for the course of 27:55.

I could not have failed though, because thanks to Mike H I am now riding a time trial bike. Pity the season is coming to an end as I was just getting the hang of it again.

Many thanks to our supporters Terry, Jan and Paul Haynes who seemed to really enjoy the evening judging by the way they were jumping up and down and cheering us on.

Mandy and Dave have been an inspiration this season the way they have taken to the TT scene, Mandy discovering and Dave rediscovering.

As for Mike, the way he has just got straight back onto his bike and thrown himself back into the deep end after two particularly nasty falls..... Well the guy's simply a legend.

Well done to all our TT racers this season.  

And.....we still are at it!  Or rather Mike is.  Yesterday he rode the Rugby RC '10'on the K11 and recorded a commendable 23:41!

Lets not forget Sam B who has a family and job but still finds time to train so hard.

"Just to mention our very own triathlete Sam Boswell took part in the 2013

British Triathlon Championship last Saturday in Liverpool.

The event was the Womens Age group Standard distance which was comprising of

a 1500 m Swim,  40 km Bike and 10 km Run.

She finished in seventh position out of I believe 70 plus entrants in her age

group with a time of 2hrs 18mins 34sec's.    WELL DONE!!!!!.

In  finishing in seventh position she has now qualified to represent our country in the

World Triathlon Championships in London later on in September". 

Thankyou both Dave and Sean for you support.

I have found it quite hard to race this week considering that I was on my arse again last week in a road race.

The aches and pains don't seem to go so quickly nowadays and I've got to say it has been quite uncomfortable even riding a couple of 10mile TT's this week with sore ribs.

Hopefully will be recovered fully in a couple of weeks to try and end the season without any more mishaps.

Archived