Club Runs Sunday 17th January

Sean Barker

Time for suggestions.

Something to factor into the decision making is the distinct possibility of ice on Sunday morning.

The forecast would have us believe that it will hit zero during the previous night and rise no higher than 2 degrees on Sunday.

Start time 10:30 from Tardebigge

Venue = Stourport

A final decision will be made tomorrow at 8:00 to 8:30 as to whether the run will go ahead. 

I walked Red from Fairfield into Bromsgrove town centre between 8am and 9am and there's still a considerable amount of ice on the roads, especially in the lanes.

If we ride tomorrow, I would suggest perhaps considering delaying the start until 10am, possibly even 10:30am. 

Not sure if we're going to be out tomorrow, going to play it by ear and see how the forecast looks in the morn. It looks like the next 24 hours should be marginally warmer than the previous 24 hours.... but who knows! 

After a pretty decent frosty start first thing this morning (Saturday), my garden thermometer read -4 at 8 o'clock, when I went out at 11 o'clock I was really surprised how free of ice the roads were to be honest.  Okay there was the odd little patch here and there, but nothing really troublesome.

Rode up the Lickeys via Barnt Green and back down to Marlbrook, back to Barnt Green, then Alvechurch, back to Barnt Green and home, all on back lanes and no problems encountered at all.

Hi Sean... Apols for  the delayed response. Had an email from Kev and Lee and they reported no frost/snow in Worcester and they intend to ride down.

Fairfield is light dusting, still trying to snow, albeit lightly, but if everyone else is up for it we'll ride :)

Surprisingly pleasant ride today and nowhere near as cold as feared. The snow had well melted by the time we started and no sign of ice or snow to be seen on the roads.

We got a little lost on route and retraced our steps a couple of times but made it to the cafe eventually where we met Chris making headway into a full English.

The six riders today were

Mick Hazlewood

Owen Hazlewood

Mick McClure

Sean Barker

Hannah Smith

Alec Wright

Much laughter and Bowie discussion was had :)

Glad you all had a safe and enjoyable ride.

Good to see sensible decisions made all round,   (it works)

My sensible (boring) decision was to spend another hour on my(lovely turbo.

Well they say you should welcome the pain..Don't say nothing about boredom though.

Anyway must be coming up to a P.B. seven days on the trot.

Stay safe and warm(ish)  Ivor.

Started out a little after 10 to head straight for Stourport via Kiddy.

Very cold run Garmin dropping to -1.7degs in places the roads wet no ice.

Arrive at Stourport cafe 11:25ish.

No bikes to be seen, drizzle in the air temp still -1.5degs.

Decide to return without stopping and not cool off.

Ride back via Hartlebury hope to see the others on the way out not a bikey to be seen anywhere.

How can you get lost after all the rides to Stourport over all these years?

Things got a little warmer by Belbroughton Garmin showing -0.9 not quite so bad.

Saracen winter top great with a couple of base layers underneath. 

Did see Vince at the bottom of Dayhouse Bank not a happy bunny.

Do expect at least one point for effort.

Archived