Echelon 10 mile TT.

Well the ladies certainly showed us the way today, both doing PB's. Sam with a 24:42 and Mandy with 30:05 and on a course neither had ridden before that was far from flat. Mike clocked 24:09 and myself 26:45.  Hats off to Eddie who recorded 32:12 - we can only pray that we can get anywhere that time at the age of 80!

Great turnout and only one other club had more members racing.  Once again, Mike and Chris, we had compliments regarding our new kit.

Well done to our friends at Beacon and Bromsgrove.  Steve Bull recording 22:54 and Mike Dalton (Rufus) 23:51.

Many thanks to Echelon for a well signed and marshalled event.

Well done all today, in particular Mandy, ever closer to breaking the 30 minute barrier and Sam

a big improvement to her previous PB,  finally found her race head! and it's great to report she was dead chuffed with her result.

Eddie,   well what can I say except brilliant.  Most of us would be happy to just be riding our bikes at 80 years of age.

And well done Dave, becoming consistant with your racing results.

Great event on a tough course with the wind blowing in the wrong direction, but a really nice atmosphere in the HQ afterwards with a number of old friends.

I am now looking forward to a good nights kip and early rise in the morning to go off to Newbury  for a LVRC road race

tomorrow.

Archived