Club Run 6th December 2015

Sean Barker

Dear All, 

Whilst I agree with Mike's choice of possible destinations regarding their food, I do think we should be heading for somewhere to the south or southwest because of the prevailing very strong south westerly wind.

As such I think we should ideally be heading for Upton or the Cobhouse for a shorter ride!

However please speak-up all you would be 'B'  run people & the 'A's!

Democracy is one of our first principals!!

Weather forecast  DRY.

Ah! I thought I'll get out this morning.

Got the other side of Droitwch.     Drizzle.

Only got worse as the morning wore on

We can have weather forecasts everywhere now.

Pity they can't tell us when it is going to rain.

(End of moan for today)

really struggled today; my legs were utterly shot after yesterday's exertions 

On the way up to Tardebigge I kept thinking I should turn back, then after being dropped almost immediately once I joined the group I thought I should turn back.

Riding there on my own I saw Gary Woodward cycling back and though I should turn back.

I eventually made it to the Upton Marina and again was immediately dropped on the homeward leg and took a soaking as I finished late.

Sitting at home now I would love to tell you all I’m glad I did it but in truth I wish I’d turned back :lol2

Here is a photo take at the cafe

33erls9.jpg

Nice ride today, though a bit different, started off with about 15, and ended up at Upton with 9/10 (Sean came in a few minutes later). I don't know what happend with the others, I hope they all got back safely . The wind was very strong, against going out, but coming back home was like a dream. 

Good company, good food at the marina cafe, good ride, (I did 68 miles), good weather but shame the roads were wet on the way back, so our bikes, and our clothes got dirty, but there you go.

good riding,

J.S.   :biggrin:

Yes an excellent ride thanks to John S and Kevin ( Bev's Kev) for sitting on the front on the very windy way out. At one point Bev and I were sitting in second and the wind was bad there so hate to think how bad it was on the front. We even asked Tim and Chris to come forward but being gentleman they said ladies first but luckily they only let us suffer for a couple of miles before coming through and giving us some shelter.

Good food and company at Upton and fair play to you Sean for making it there after yesterday and yes I had noticed the very nice Christmas decorations in blue of course on the site. The ride back after discussions on which way to go Bev and I just wanted the quickest but we ended up doing 71 miles at a steady pace . But I did have very tired legs the last few miles especially up the hills why do they hurt more then ? A thank you to Kev the train driver for dragging me up one hill when I fell back and was ready just to go slowly on my own.

Chris Kent sorry we lost you hope you made it back safe and well without getting wet. We managed to miss the rain for a change  got home just as it started. So after a lovely hot shower I did get wet taking the dog out for a walk.

Nice to see and hear of so many Saracens riding yesterday, and Owen and I send our apologies for not attending.

However, our absence did not go unnoticed by the cycling gods, and our punishment was a severely heavy shower while we were out shopping for Christmas trees in Wythall. 

Soaked to the bone but returning home victorious with an absolute corker of a tree, we dried ourselves and Red off, and headed in the direction of Evesham, this time to visit the Dogs Trust Christmas Fayre. But, the cycling gods took insult to this too, and when we arrived at Evesham we were told that dogs were not allowed to enter the fayre area. One of us could wait in the waiting room with Red while the other browsed the wares, or we could leave Red in the car and go together.

Red, however, was not keen on either idea, so we drove home, via Studley, where we visited the big barn and purchased more Christmas goodies.

Suffice it to say these two cyclists heard the gods loud and clear, and, gods willing, we'll be out this Sunday! 

Archived