Cardiff 100miles RCC 25 Results

Well at long last a decent day arrived yesterday to race without getting wet,cold or blown of the bike.

Both Sam and myself ventured down to Usk/Monmouth to ride a 25mile TT on the R25/7 on Saturday.

Having driven down the length of the course to the headquarters it was looking quite promising for some fast times with a light tailwind against from the halfway turn to the finish.

Sam was first off in the Women's event but I suspect she was a little tired from her weeks training in preparation for her standard distance triathlon next weekend which is her first priority. Never the less

she recorded a time of 1.03.35 which she was reasonably satisfied with. ( or so she's says! ). This was

only her second open TT at this distance, a minute slower than she recorded last year.

I was off some 20mins behind Sam and unusually felt quite nervous. I managed to pace myself quite

well and just left enough in my legs for the last few miles on the return leg to the finish.

I recorded a time of 57.31 which was my fastest this year and my 3rd fastest ever. Well chuffed.

Now for a well earned holiday in Majorca for a week to recharge the batteries for the second half of the season.

Archived