66th Annual Dinner & Prize Presentation 28th Nov

ChrisP

Please support the clubs 66th Annual Dinner.                                                                                                                                           

For those who couldn't make our fantastic Skittles evening (see pictures)                                                                        

Here's another opportunity to join fellow Saracen RC members for                                     

our annual gathering and prize presentation.                                                                      

This will be held on Saturday 28th November at,                                                               

The Beeches Hotel                                                                                                               

Selly Oak Road                                                                                                                   

Bournville                                                                                                                             

B30 1LS                                                                                                                               

Please contact  Chris or Hilary Pardoe ASAP with your choice to book a place.

MENU   Starter                                             Main

Leek & Potato Soup                            Glazed Pork Belly

Chicken Liver Pate                               Herb Baked Cod Loin

Garlic Mushrooms on Brioche              Roast Turkey

Salmon & Prawn Tian                          Mushroom, Feta Cheese 

& Tarragon Strude

Sweet

Citrus Tart

Mandarin Trifle

Chocolate Mascapone Cheese Cake

Cheese & Biscuits      £2.50 Supplement

• 1 month later...

My first social event with Sarcens what a good night it was made my non cycling husband very welcome. Chris P you have your own style reminds me of when I joined the police in 1982  especially where women are concerned just as well we love you so much . A good night hard to recognise some people out of cycle kit.

Just seen Hannah and Owen walking Red as we stopped off on the way home at freinds for a drink. Well done Chris Kent for getting the prize for the most rides but I am now on a mission to win that one next year so that said I hope it rains tomorrow and you all drive and get no point as I can't make it as have a family meal in Stoke ( not that I'm competative in anyway). But for those that do ride have a good one x

Chris and Hilary would like to thank everyone who came to the Annual Dinner on Saturday.

We hope you all enjoyed the evening and our apologies for the lack of mints with the coffee!!

Gutted not to get a mint with my coffee after leaving some  sprouts on my plate to have ample space for the mints.

Never mind Hillary, I'm sure you will not let this happen at the next annual dinner !.

An excellent evening and meal and as always a most entertaining speech by Chris ' don't know how he gets away with it '.

Many thanks Chris and Hillary for all your hard work which went into making this a great success as always.

My first social event with Sarcens what a good night it was made my non cycling husband very welcome. Chris P you have your own style reminds me of when I joined the police in 1982  especially where women are concerned just as well we love you so much . A good night hard to recognise some people out of cycle kit.

Just seen Hannah and Owen walking Red as we stopped off on the way home at freinds for a drink. Well done Chris Kent for getting the prize for the most rides but I am now on a mission to win that one next year so that said I hope it rains tomorrow and you all drive and get no point as I can't make it as have a family meal in Stoke ( not that I'm competative in anyway). But for those that do ride have a good one x

Never mind Moira your still in second position with Bev romping into the distance in first place.

You can always creep round on a Saturday night and put a padlock on her garden shed and gate so she can't get out on a Sunday morning.

Phew! I've been non stop since Thursday... but now I find myself with a quiet couple of hours to do some catching up.

A massive thank you to Chris and Hilary for their hard work and effort for putting together such a fantastic event.

Highlights of the evening for me included:

• Seeing so many Saracens in one space again
  • Seeing Graham Knowles looking so very well - absolutely wonderful to see you!
  • Seeing Chris Kent win his Club Runs award - congratulations!
  • Having enough younger members in the club to validate having a youth table this year! Which was kept under the watchful eye of Ed Hazlewood - who made sure us mischievous youngsters did not cause too much trouble!
  • Winning the women's BAR!!! It hasn't quite sunk in yet, but the idea of defending that title fills me with nervousness and excitement!!! Gotta get Laura The Fast Lane back out on her bike and encourage the likes of Moira and Bev to do some TT's! C'mon ladies, let's start something!!
  • Seeing Owen and Mick win their awards - very proud of my boys for their efforts.
  • The absolutely delightful quotes on the table cards.... WHO chooses those quotes?!?! They are fantastic! 
  • And finally, Chris Pardoe's speech. It must be very hard to sum up all of the happenings of so many people in a 12 month period, but Chris you nailed it. Cheeky, humourous and not without improvisation, it was great to watch your performance!

Having recently been invited to sit in on one or two committee meetings I have been made acutely aware of all the work and organisation that occurs 'behind the scenes' to make these get together's possible. Thank you, to all involved, for all the planning and work that you put in. And thank you, to everyone who attended, that make the work so worthwhile. 

Archived