Saracen at Cotteridge Park Carnival.

rovi

Thanks Ivor I now have MickH portable garage and hope Jim G can get it all in his car.

The festival starts at 12 o'clock and goes on until 7:30.

So if any club member has time to spare any help will be much appreciated.

Lets hope we can find some new recruits.f

A successful day for the club.  A lovely sunny day and a great turnout for the Carnival.  Plenty of useful contacts made with local groups promoting cycling.  Club members were on hand to to demonstrate Turbo training and talk to anyone interested in cycling and distribute our flyers around the park.

A lot of hard work was put in by Chris and he was supported by Hillary, Michele, Mandy, Dave, Ivor and not forgetting Pete who kindly allowed us to park on his drive and supplied us with cold drinks.

u0td.jpg

Mandy and Ivor giving a Turbo Trainer demo

What a great day for a carnival the first hot sunny summers day for 2013.

Ideal day to promote the club. New shorts and top on a little light exercise on the terbo

and a bit of balancing on the rollers.A bottle of wine a picnic some sun bathing what more do we want.

We have a short list of names of people who may like to take things further.

Mandy & Dave did a great job of touring the crowds posing in there new kit handing

out our flyers.Plus on route visiting the stalls and exchanging details with any interested groups.

Many thanks to Dave & Mandy.

I would like to thank good old JimG and Ivor for turning out early to help me get things upto the park.

Also Ivor's efforts on the terbo.

Must mention PeteC letting us use his parking lot.

Oh yes mus'nt forget Michelle (or I would'nt here the last of it) a late arrival but still managed to do a tour

of the festival and talking a couple more into leaving there details.

In all a good day bringing the club to the attention of people in the area that a cycling club was and stiil

based nearby.

One for Eddie an old member came up to tell us about the 50s.

Named Bob Hughes do you remember him?

The organiser said it had been their first time at this event promoting cycling and a learning curve for all.

They would be organising a cycle only event later in the year and would be please to include us.

Lets hope it brings us some new blood.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived