'B' Run:- Sunday 18th October 2015

ChrisKENT

Dear All:-

In the absence of any posts as yet for tomorrow's destination I propose we head out over to Warwick where we have'nt ventured as a group for several months to my certain knowledge!!!

The forecast wind direction is from the East which would be appropriate!

I will be @ Tardebigge as usual for 09.35hrs.

If anyone is coming via the Lai Ling Rednal would you please post accordingly??

It may be that better alternatives are suggested @ the skittles gathering this evening in which case I will update you all later.

A rare outing for me on a Sunday with the Saracens . Enjoyed the ride and company although a little  (lot) breathless .

Also very pleasant skittles evening for both Lynda and myself  when by fluke I was probably only runner up worst . Look forward to Sean's return .

Kev Y and myself made our way from the Forest to join up

with Chris K and Co. at Warwick cafe for refreshments.

It seems timings were a little out of sink as I saw Dave C shoot of from the forest island

in the direction of Tardebigge. plus John P and Tim F got there some time having been seen heading in the Forest direction.

r8uufr.jpg

2e38i7b.jpg

2co622p.jpg

Still we had a steady ride back together.

On this cool, grey but initially dry Sunday morning 10 intrepid Saracens set off from Tardebigge with tea & breakfast on my mind! well it was certainly on mine if not theirs!!!

Ken, Peter, Mike Mc, Tim, John, Chris T, Leigh, Mike & Owen H + myself were the combatants on this occasion with Warwick as their destination with the exception of Mike & Owen who were on a short non-stopper.

Cruise Hill, Ham Green, Astwood Bank, Studley, Great Alne, Aston Cantlow & Norton Lindsey was our outward route at a steady & most agreeable pace.

Within moments of our arrival Chris & Kevin Y appeared (YES ALL THE 'A's! BOTH OF THEM).

A very pleasant stop, chat, tea & in my case & Leigh's a small English breakfast was enjoyed before we set off for home via the alternative short route en-masse!

Hatton, Lowsonford, Tanworth & Weatheroak were the places I recall before we parted company. 

A most enjoyable day all in all until I was caught & passed by a succession of Bromsgrove Olympique riders, six in all & one of them a lady as  I toiled up Scarfield Hill. (Oh well they can't all be perfect Sunday's can they? Note for Diary:- MUST TRY HARDER NEXT TIME!!!!

Archived