Results of OPEN "25" MILES TIME TRIAL, Held on 25th June 1972

Nice bit of history there, Thanks for digging this out Dave

Interesting to note some of the names on the result sheet. Ken Hadden riding a TT, also lance Ravenhill still currently racing on the road in the LVRC events and very close rivals with Ken. Brian Hession still racing in TT's, I bumped into him last year and he is still riding a fixed wheel and the same bike he was racing on in the Seventys. And I also note a good turn out of Saracen riders.

Thanks for the reply Mike.  Just put this on as a taster really.  It was exactly what I hoped for in as much as it has pulled in some news about people who maybe have not been heard of for a long time.  Better still that they are fit and well.

We would really like to have an 'Archive' area on the site with similar things like this.  Anything that is part of the clubs history such as result sheets, competition records, anecdotes e.t.c.

All in good time!

Hi Sean

I had a chat with Brian Wilson at the club lunch yesterday.  He has something like fifty result sheets dating back to the mid 1950's.

Brian is happy to loan them to us for converting but has already sent me half a dozen as a sample.  I think we need to have a chat about how we are going to present this subject otherwise it could all get a bit untidy.  I also have about 100 amazing photo's on loan from Ken Haddon, probably deserving a dedicated topic. 

Archived