'B' Run Sunday 4th October 2015

ChrisKENT

On a very cool, clear, windless & beautiful morning the six (Bev, Kev, Sean, Tim, Chris T. & I) of us set off from Tardebigge hoping to get to Shelsley Walsh ultimately & the Red Lion @ Holt Heath for 10.30 (hopelessly optimistic) in order to meet the 'A's along the way!

Well Tim, Chris & I reached the latter at 10.57 & had obviously missed the 'A's (it was circa 20mls from home which I had left @ 09.25hrs) but we're now without Bev & Kev, who were on a shorter outing & had turned off into the nearby garden-centre (which we were aware of) but more importantly were also missing Sean, who's departure none of us had witnessed !

(More to come after a break for tea!)

Fortunately a passing motorist stopped & informed us one of our group had a mechanical issue some way back down the road. 

Ah! Another of the benefits of wearing club kit!

So we obout-turned to find Sean with an upturned bike & a double puncture. Our delay was further added to by the new replacement rear tube's valve being defective & would not inflate, no matter how many pumps we tried. 

So half an hour later we resumed just in time to pass Bev & Kev emerging from their coffee stop!

If one has to go off course it was the perfect day & area on & in which to do so!!

So that's exactly what we did finding ourselves in Hallow after Wichenford we realised our error & re-traced with Chris making for home as we pedalled on to Martley intent on our goal, although running very late.

Our efforts were well rewarded in finding the 'A's still there albeit we had missed Dave, Paul & Phil's Stirling performances!!

Neither Sean nor myself had ever been before & I just wished we'd been able to see some of the competitors & ride the course!

Nonetheless our spirits were raised by joining up with our club-mates & particularly seeing Mavis & Eddy. The food was good too, oh that I'd had time to have some more!

We returned as one group and although lumpy via Stanford, Clifton, The Abberleys & Great Whitley, it was a most enjoyable & another memorable experience.

MANY THANKS ONE & ALL FOR YOUR COMPANY!

The 'A's:- Chris, Alec, John P., Dave C. & Phil riding home.

Archived