CLUB RUNS:- Sunday 27th September 2015

ChrisKENT

Morning all - just a quick message to reiterate Mickey Rourke's earlier post - Speedy, Owen and myself have entered the Tommy Godwin sportive online. Mick H will be signing up on the day. Chris Pardoe is also on the start sheet for the event. 

Alec is still off with flu unfortunately, and Dave C might be heading off for the Cycle Show at the NEC. 50 Shades De Gray is rumoured to be having a Sunday off - sacrilege!!! :-p

Would be lovely to see you at the TG sportive Kenty! :)

Dear ALL : 

Just testing the water respecting this Sunday's possible runs & the Tommy GODWIN Memorial Ride!

If you have entered the latter or intend to turn up on the day to ride it could you please post accordingly in response to this subject!!!!

What time does the ride start, looked on the web sites but only provides date but no ride time???

A great ride down to Evesham where some of us manly tackled the large portions of bread pudding.

The lovely autumn weather was enjoyed by seven Saracens forming a joint A/B ride.

The riders were

Chris Kent

Mick Hazlewood

Tim Brueton

Chris Thompson

Pete Cooper

Lee De Grey

Sean Barker

Late September wall to wall sunshine, little wind, great company & a steady pace:-

What more could one wish for:-  

Just the added company of a number of our other regulars who were engaged on other most worthwhile charitable fund-raising duties vis-a-via' the Tommy GODWIN Memorial Ride!

Many thanks Sean for your previous report & saving our readers from my regular lengthy ramblings!!! I can even hear the sighs of relief here in deepest BLACKWELL.

Late September wall to wall sunshine, little wind, great company & a steady pace:-

What more could one wish for:-  

Just the added company of a number of our other regulars who were engaged on other most worthwhile charitable fund-raising duties vis-a-via' the Tommy GODWIN Memorial Ride!

Many thanks Sean for your previous report & saving our readers from my regular lengthy ramblings!!! I can even hear the sighs of relief here in deepest BLACKWELL.

Truly it was a glorious day for cycling - wherever we Saracens were riding!

Sounds like the A/B run had some fantastic riders, and despite enjoying the lovely company of Chris 'Pants on Fire' Pardoe (who insists on telling porkies with lines like "That's the last of the climbs now...." only to find myself doing my best to carry some speed into a 'forgotten about' climb in Tanworth!), Kevin 'Speedy' Sargent, Kevin Young, John Poole, Colin (ever so sorry can't recall his last name!) and Owen Hazlewood I must say Kenty I missed both your company and your 'ramblings', not to mention the humorous input of Sean, '50 Shades' De Gray and of course the scoundrel that is Mickey Rourke.

The Tommy Godwin was certainly more 'undulating' than one was anticipating, but it was a great ride enjoyed by hundreds of cyclists from across the Midlands. Chris P and Speedy were photographers for the day and rumour has it both will be popping up their own reports/photos in the very near future! 

We can only hope that these summery September Sundays continue on into October :)

Archived