Club Championship 10 mile TT.

Congratulations to all those who took part in the 10 last night on a damp and cold evening.

The rain came earlier than forecast in the afternoon and continued well into the evening only to stop as the last rider had finished.

The only thing which was shining last night was our new club kit which I am sure we all wore with pride,

Sorry to say that two of our riders did not start ( but who can blame them ) and they were Eddie and ChrisP,  there was also a number of riders from other clubs who could also not face the weather.

Our two TT virgins  Owen H and Mandy M both recorded excellent times and enjoyed the experience and can't wait till the next time.

There was also a great turn out of supporters from the Saracen club present to give us support and a cheer on various parts of the course,  and also a big thankyou to Sean for some great photo's.

Results;

Mike Hazlewood;        24.43

Samatha Boswell;      26.04

Dave Mitchell;            26.30

Andy Seabourne;      27.46   ( 2 mins late start )

Owen Hazlewood;      28.32

Colin Bradley;            29.05

Mandy Mitchell           31.10

Eddie Smith               D N S

Chris Pardoe             D N S

The winner of the event;  Rob Weare;   20.58

2nd Place;                        Tom Ward;    20.59

What a fab experience last night was taking part in my first 10 TT even though the weather was awful, I can't wait to try and improve my time now!!  It was so great to have the support of club members standing in the rain cheering us on - thanks very much Saracens!!  I felt sooooo! proud wearing my club kit!  Roll on the next event  ;)

http://app.strava.com/activities/63271890

Wow talk about drowned rats!!!! what a very wet evening TT. However this was over shadowed  by the great support so a big thanks to all for the cheers. A special thanks to Mavis for the wonderful cream teas (minus the tea) after the event just the job I just couldn't refuse a second when offered :D Well done to all who competed.

Mandy, you really need to go back to 25 tyres young lady far to fast for you, but glad you enjoyed your first TT.

Owen, glad you also enjoyed your first TT get the old man to enter you again I WANT REVENGE MATE :P

Colin

09rx.jpg

u6yo.jpg

6vfy.jpg

mzx6.jpg

ix2w.jpg

7x6g.jpg

Just thought I should have the photos in this topic too.

The weather was overcast and dull, not at all conducive with taking good photos but I will be out again on a good evening and do you all justice. 

The night was made by the tremendous support we riders had from our fellow club members. Thanks to everyone for coming out on such a foul night. 

Well done Mandy and Owen, two great rides.  What a way to begin Time Trialing!

Provisional results on Standard kindly supplied by Eddie Smith:-

Mike H     + 2:55

Dave M    + 2:22

Sam B      + 2:09

Andy S     - 0:20

Colin B     - 1:27

Mandy M  - 1:56

Just as so you don't feel left out............

frqs.jpg

Sorry it's so small, perhaps when you improve so will the size of your photo  :P

PS. All our photos can be found on   www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200857933624088.1073741832.1036730376&type=1&l=d8ee24de97

Archived