B Run 20th September 2015 (With Photos)

Sean Barker

Cool, damp & misty it certainly started but from then on everything improved the whole day through!!!

The small but perfectly formed 'B' contingent of Bev & Kev, Ken, Hannah + I departed Tardebigge with Wellesbourne cafe as our goal!

Cruise Hill, Astwood Bank, Sambourne, Coughton to Great Alne was our route out where approaching the latter we had a fleeting  glimpse of the 'A's as they crossed the junction in front of us.

Onwards we pressed to Little Alne, Bearley, Snitterfield & Hampton Lucy as the mist & spirits lifted accordingly.

Hannah's early morning Google search was well worthwhile as we soon found what was to us a new venue in a little precinct on the town's outskirts, where a number of other club cyclists (Redditch, Cheltenham & others) including John & Cheryll Cornish were already ensconced both inside & out.

Before we could order the 'A's were upon us:- Chris, John S. & C., Kevin S., Lee, Owen & Dave, whose route had clearly been longer.

Proper English breakfast food at most reasonable prices with prompt & friendly service was my personal experience!

We all left together and we stayed together throughout the return via Charlecote, Wilmcote, Shelfield, Morton Bagot, Mappleborough Green, Churchill North culminating in the bruteish climb of Cobley Hill from the tough long side of Grange Lane.

Congratulations to Hannah on keeping it going when many a lesser mortal would have faltered & fallen off.

Thanks to the 'A's for being gentle with us & to you ALL for a great day out!!!

Awesome report Chris, and once again a fantastic ride with nothing but the very best of company. A good pace was set by Kenty and Ken on the front with me contributing the occasional effort - it's always an absolute pleasure riding with you two chaps. :)

Pardoe's cafe suggestion was great, lovely staff delivering well priced food that was both enjoyable and appreciated - clearly a popular stop with cyclists!

It was lovely riding back with the A's and I'm delighted that the final climb didn't get the better of me, although I do apologise for the four loud grunts during my efforts. Thanks to Kevin for offering to be there should I 'stall'! And thanks to Bev for the support once I'd hit the top. I was utterly delighted to give Chris P my signature big grin for his photos and exclaim, loudly 'I did it Chris! I climbed it!'

Thank you for all of the birthday wishes too gang! A lovely Sunday; sincerely looking forward to the Tommy Godwin sportive next week. 

I agree with all the above.

Another good cafe find for the year and not much further than Charlecote garden centre.

The 'A's took a slightly different approach going out via Mapleborough Green, Great Alne, Stratford 

and out to Loxley before dropping into Wellesbourne.

Just in time to follow the 'B's into the cafe.

Nice to meet up with John & Cheryl Cornish of the Evshem CC And yes they did ride up the

Malvern just to let MickH know.

r0dqq8.jpg

THE happy couple.

r0xuls.jpg

Ken says Grace before starting but Chris cant wait.

qso4kp.jpg

foiz2e.jpg

Same old Excuses from Lee.

977m8n.jpg

erfkfo.jpg

Bev & Kev Carb loading.

jjpawm.jpg

fxf2pz.jpg

2zecchz.jpg

fkb6l3.jpg

23n13q.jpg

2cffb6b.jpg

nboduc.jpg

KENTYS idea really  to climb Cobley Hill to finish the day of also he lives just around the corner after the top.

71sokx.jpg

AND ONE FOR THE BIRTHDAY GIRL.

5dkkl1.jpg

2meplzt.jpg

Friendly help for Lee with directions back to Worcester.

From the top of here you can see the Droitwich masts keep heading that direction.

8xn1h5.jpg

The hard end to another good ride out,Cobley Hill not to be used for a few more years.

316t4z9.jpg

So who's going to join us on Sunday 29th for the Tommy Godwin sportive from Solihull.

Enter on line or pay at the start.

• Sean Barker changed the title to B Run 20th September 2015 (With Photos)

Archived