Midlander 100

Sunday 14th July 2013

There was talk of a few of us riding around this Audax together.

It starts from the Earlswood Lakes Craft Centre AKA Manor Farm Tea Rooms.

The one control point is at Revills Farm Shop, Bourne Road, Defford, with an info control on the way out and on the way back.

Here is a map of the course  http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/midlander-100

I have entered, anyone else fancy it?

OK if Alan is riding that's good enough for me - I'm in.

Very much regarded as one of us Alan ;)

You're nothing of the sort  :lol:

There is always a place for you, if you want to ride around with us

Ahhhhh....thanks guys, I'm welling up here

Chris Kent has now entered so we should have a really good group on the day

So far...

Ken Haddon

John Shelly

Kevin Young

Chris Pardoe

Alan Weaver

Dave Mitchell

Sean Barker

Chris Kent

Dave is Mandy up for this?

Unfortunately she is working that day - sore subject! :angry:   However she is riding her second '10' on the Saturday before and it is going to be a beautiful still, sunny afternoon. Watch this space.

I intend to ride to the start, anyone else?

I will have ridden three 200km audaces in the previous seven days.

I'll be getting a lift to the start and if I can talk Paula into it I'm going to get her to carry me to the starting line lolblue.gif

Great pics Paula... saves me listing everyone who turned out today.  As Alan says, cracking day and good to see those jerseys being paraded in front of so many other clubs.  Clocked 90 miles myself.

Vote of thanks to Darren and the staff at Revills Farm Shop who coped admirably with the hoards.

0lzm.jpg

The Reverend Ivor leads the group in a prayer before the start.

Absolutely fantastic day out, I have never enjoyed the company on an audax so much.

Yesterday caught up on me on the return from the café stop so was very grateful to Dave and Chris for nursing me home.

Sitting at the back of the group watching the large group resplendent in Saracen colours was truly a sight to behold.  

Good ride yesterday it made a nice

change to be sat in the bunch.

Good comments like "You lot have got a good turnout"

We all looked good.!!

Did you hear the one about the

long distance cyclist who had a job to

find his way to Earlswood? No? Watch this space.

Go in peace. Ivor.

0lzm.jpg

The Reverend Ivor leads the group in a prayer before the start.

That just cracked me up rofl.gif

But the important question must be, did we get Ken back in time??

Yes Alan, he was duly delivered on time, so will have earned brownie points.

Good job I actually decided to drive over, it allowed Ken to finish the ride in our company rather than facing a ride on his own after turning off somewhere.  It was a bit tight with 2 bikes in the car but we made it on time.

A good day with good company and great weather

PS big respect to you for the massive turn that you pulled from Evesham to Alcester.  

PS big respect to you for the massive turn that you pulled from Evesham to Alcester.  

If it got Ken back in time, then it was worth that little (ok a lot of) extra effort. :lol:

I also found out this afternoon what the problem was with my gears that kept jumping from time to time yesterday, the new Jagwire in line cable adjusters kept loosing their tension for what ever reason, thus making the gear cable slack for the rear mech. :angry:  

But more annoyingly I cannot see or understand why they are doing it??? :wacko:

Archived