B Run 13th September

Sean Barker

A thoroughly enjoyable ride today. Thank you Chris for organizing it and a special mention to Tim who led the group all the way there.

Also at the cafe we had no fewer than eighteen Saracens at the cafe and at least four others were spotted out on the road.

Here are a couple of photos

large.1.jpg.ab1deb8f93c4335f344d28e4504b

large.2.jpg.05c3c08588de14577bc14843e2b4

10 budding 'B's set off promptly from Tardebigge for the above mentioned location:- Peter, Tim, Moira, Bev, Kev, Chris T, Hannah, Sean, Ken & I.

After some initial consternation that we would not be able to get across the bridge @ Bidford we decided to give it a try anyway believing it to be open to pedestrians & cyclists.

Early coolness gave way to very pleasant sunshine as we headed out via Bradley Green, Stockwood, Radford & Dunnington seeing amongst others along the way:- Emma & Mat + a large Solihull CC contingent.

Having missed the 'A's departure John C. caught us up @ Broom after what must have been a valiant & significant pursuit!!

Tim led all the way out ably assisted by the ever-improving Ken (very worrying to us mere mortals) amongst others.

Cake, beans, toast & tea was the order of the day @ the "chicken" place, which is now called something else, just as well as they had no eggs, bacon or sausage.

Before too long we were joined by the 'A's who appeared to have had a good "workout" via a more circuitous & challenging route!

The planned return via Badsey, Binton & Great Alne did not materialise as we missed the right turn across to Welford, which I think we should have made @ Dorsington? 

Nonetheless a great incident-free day out culminated in me being shed up Coalash & Copyholt Lanes as Hannah & Pete raised the pace towards the end.

A quality group of seven set of from the Forest to do a roundabout route to 

meet the 'B's at Honeybourne.

Riders  MickH, OwenH, Speedy Kev, JohnS, Young Dave, Lee De and myself.

The route took in Pershore, Broadway and Willersley before reaching the cafe stop.

Didn't get many pictures as the 'B's were already fed and watered by the time we arrived

even though we had averaged 19 plus mph to get there.

2i0x9pz.jpg

351zwhj.jpg

Thought we might catch the 'B' on the way back, but as pointed out above it was a right turn for Welford.

John Shelley a bit hot and bothered having punctured but relieved it was on the last climb up to Branson Cross

and we could take a breather.

2db15hg.jpg

Good to be out with the group again after a couple of weeks recuperation.

Archived