A Run Sunday 5th.

Mick Hazlewood

Just a suggestion,    Worc's,  Malvern, up British Camp and down to Ledbury,  possible cafe stop there and then back via                                                                                      Kings Green, Welland, Upton, Peopleton etc. Can stop at Upton instead of Ledbury.

9.30 prompt Forrest.

Seven riders met at the Forrest to sign on for todays ride to a new destination.

Riders as follows,

Alec :- gears

Owen:- Single freewheel

Speedy:- gears

Kevin Y:- gears

Lee D G :- Single freewheel

Tim F:- gears and in his new Club Kit.

And myself:- gears

Well having stated 9.30 prompt to meet I rolled up last but on time, exactly 9.30.  A quick confirmation of route and destination and we set off.

Ok,  so we went straight down the main A38 through Droitwich to Worc's but the traffic was not too bad and then onwards and upwards through

through Malvern Link and Malvern town itself and then up British Camp were we regrouped for the fast decent down the other side to Ledbury.

Unfortunately we did loose one of our team on the climb  'Lee' and he was not tobe seen again,   Lee, I do hope you didn't have a problem and                       enjoyed the rest of your ride and arrived home safely.

The new venue was a great little Cafe    'Mrs Muffin's' tucked up a little cobbled alleyway with a great little courtyard at the back where we was                             able to tuck into some great food and very welcome drink or two.    The staff were brilliant and a must for another visit in the future I think.

The ride back was a little flatter skirting round the Malverns via Welland, Upon-on Severn and then onto Defford,  Peopleton, Flyford Flavell,                             Stock Wood and Bradley Green.

Other Saracen members and X members spotted today,  Alan Philpott going in the wrong direction at Upton, John and Cheryl Cornish pushing

there Tandem in Malvern Link,   Pete Carbutt on his way to his regular Sunday watering hole to increase Bathams Brewery's profits.

Average Speed today;-  Reasonably quick.

Total Climbing;- Enough.

Cafe;- Excellent.  Rating 10 out of 10.

Company;- Could not wish for better.

Absent without leave today Young Dave C.   On leave with consent John S.    Chris P doing his own thing.      Hannah looking after the older riders                         on  the B run, I think that's what she told me anyway.

Cheek!!! just for the record we were not pushing the tandem but had just got off so as not to impede the ambulance (blues & 2's)

We went the hard way, over the Wyche (non-stop) to the Kettle Sings, great day for riding 66 miles on the clock.

Nice one John, a good ride for you guy's and a great day for it.

It was nice to see you, sorry I did not stop to chat but I was going for a lone break but they caught me just before British Camp and then counter attacked. somethings never change.

After seeing four of the riders from yesterday it looks and sounds like a great day was had by all :)

And as for.....

Hannah looking after the older riders on  the B run, I think that's what she told me anyway.

The only preservation going on was my own!!! Kenty and Ken lead the way to the cafe, their non stop stint on the front was both impressive and appreciated. 

must start off by saying...nice to see Frank back !!

No worries Mick...still have sea legs and coupled with my local bike shop letting me down, rode ss, which wasn't ideal...!!!!

lost contact by 50m at first lump and ended up touring Malverns alone.

see you guys Sunday...with gears !

Archived