Club Run Sunday 20 March 2022

Moira

The weather looks sunny and the wind light 🤞🏻So thought we’d head out to Clive’s at Cropthorne where we can sit outside in the sun and admire the view.

Barry/Steve we will be going out via Flying Horse Lane , Priest Bridge , Inkberrow …… so hopefully see you on the way.

Julie we will be coming back to TB .

10 am TB 🚴‍♀️🌹🚴

A few old faces turned up at the start point today.

Leigh was there when I arrived. He'd come to say hello as he was off to see his daughter and needed to get back home. Was nice to see him.

Tim and Richard (ex new boy) arrived both with performance anxiety as they'd not been out for a few weeks. Moira of course.

Mike also turned up with his wrist all strapped up and still very painful. It was really nice to see him. So nice that Moira ditched me and went on the front with Mike for a catch up.

I managed to get a word with him too. Wrist problem sounds horrendous.  Hopefully he will soon be on the mend and get out more regularly.

Some old Beacon riders turned up too. I'd actually passed them on my way to TB.  Im not showing off or anything 😆 but you got to blow your own trumpet sometime. Don't be too impressed they were pretty slow!. For those that know him Dr Dave was with them. So another old face to say hi to.

The 5 of us set off and met Barry who had returned from his holiday which he had thoroughly enjoyed.

Off to Clives we went. A nice steady ride with no performance issues at all. Mike and Tim decided to go a shorter ride and left us somewhere en route.

Chris and Alan passed us in their car as we got to Clives so good timing for them. 

We sat outside as it was rammed inside but it was a bit cold so as soon as an inside table came free we all skeddadled inside. Much cosier. John and Ann arrived. So did the elusive Roger and Chris.

We had a lovely chat about majorca holidays. I was told it was a lovely adventure  especially the hair pin descents, heat exhaustion, long climbs, and steep hills. Not sure that's my idea of fun 🙈. Although the night time drinking and nice food sounded a bit more enticing.

We set off back. Nice sunny day a bit of wind but nothing compared to what we've been experiencing lately. We took 3 scalps I think on the way back 7 in all for me so I was well chuffed.

Richard left us before TB and Barry just before Stockland Green (I think) which left Roger, Moira Chris and me.

Roger and Chris took off in front with our permission as we neared the Lickeys. I was very pleased to get back to my van to try and catch up with Roger and Chris but I couldn't see them in Northfield where I normally catch them. I was beginning to think they must be behind me and that me and Moi had managed to make some ground up. I was starting to feel a bit smug.... but then I saw them in the distance in Bournville already! ! Looking as fresh as a daisy 🌼. Maybe next time.

Here's the pics. Can you spot the love birds??? I'll give you a clue it's20220320_112800.thumb.jpg.2d02deb9cf8c520211efd9005107a2d9.jpg not Barry and Moira 😆

20220320_113051.jpg

20220320_112905.jpg

20220320_112900.jpg

20220320_112829.jpg

Julie I would have gladly got into your Van if only you’d parked it in Blackwell when my legs went.☹️
A good ride nice to ride back with Chris and Roger . Lovely to see Mick too and Leigh very briefly . It’s my week to say my legs are hurting .

Yes it was good to see you all today I’m just sorry I didn’t have the legs to go all the way. Anyway Tim & I headed back via Inkberrow then up into Feckenham where we stopped and had a quick coffee which was good because my! sorry, everything was aching. Ho well they do say if you don’t use it you loose it. On that note if I recover soon enough I’ll see you next week. TFN

After the reprimand from our Sunday leader last week roger and I set of for Clives

this morning.

We set of at ten o'clock but the bright sun shine fooled us as with the wind against us

the temperature never got above 10 degs.

We both seemed to be on a good day and made the cafe by 11:45 the others were already

tucking into tea cakes and jam plus tea.

The return ride was slightly longer but flatter going via Pershore and Philpott Manor before

heading for Tardebigge and home.

We did spot Julie as she wizzed  past us down the Bristol Road.

A few pictures of feeding time.

IMG_0001.thumb.JPG.64148e7fdf54f4911692caf2f67aca15.JPGIMG_0002.thumb.JPG.b3a5071ddb51a3f310f753a0e3d7d8c2.JPGIMG_0003.thumb.JPG.f5276da49b1568e52fcfdfd603b88bd8.JPGIMG_0004.thumb.JPG.27b9d2cd5b15ad0f89bc1e692a6016c9.JPGIMG_0005.thumb.JPG.27a0434a2fa3e57f1cd4abdbd0bd4e52.JPGIMG_0006.thumb.JPG.36730801eaa3bb41d08badeae26afdf7.JPG

A nice steady ride back and time for a catch up chat.