Club Run 26th March

Sarashell

Because the weather is not looking too good this week I am going to say Springridge again, so when/if the rain starts we won’t be far from home.

We will be going via PB and up past Philpot Mansions.

So fingers crossed for the weather, and hope to see you all at 10 o’clock, Tardebigge.

Don’t forget to put your clock forward tonight.  🚲

Well after a lot of umming and ahhing I decided to keep John company and met him at 10 am (but it was really 9 am) at TB.

It was drizzling a bit as we set off but soon stopped and it turned out to be pleasant on the way out with a tail wind. We were averaging nearly 16 mph which made a nice change. Although the wind helped.

We passed Philpott Towers but didn't see any activity or car washing going on.

Now remember that we met at 10...Well at the bottom of the hill a decision needed to be made about which way we would go.

It went along the lines off....

John "what time is it?"

Me "its ten to ten"

John "oh ok well we will go along the airfield and do a loop then

Me "ok"

Ten minutes later

Me "John you know I said it was ten to ten... Well it's actually ten to eleven"

🙈🤣🤣🤣🤣. How on earth did we think we got that far before we'd even set out. Hysterical.  Moral of the story... dont let me and John out on our own 😵‍.

So we had a change of plan and carried on up the road and stopped to watch the road race pass us. There weren't many of them, perhaps the weather had put some off. Sounds a familiar story.

Me and John had a lovely chat about music, bands and songs from our youth. A trip down memory lane it was very enjoyable.

We got to the cafe and there was no one else there, we were hoping for some company. So the pics are mainly of the flora and fauna. The shop getting very well stocked for the summer. The pic of me and John wouldn't load so you'll have to take our word that I was there 🙈

Setting off home into a gale force wind, well a strong head wind brought our average down a bit. We passed Phillpott Towers again and had a chat with Alan who was scraping cow poo of the car with a bit of plastic. He's very thorough. Chris was no where to be seen. Probably hiding in case he started trying to clean her up again.

John and I soldiered on into the wind and made good time back.

I'm glad we got out and mainly missed any of the light showers that were forecast.

See you next time 🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️

20230326_114506.jpg

20230326_114458.jpg

20230326_114337.jpg

20230326_114334.jpg

20230326_113133.jpg

This is the photo that Julie couldn’t load, I’m amazed that I did it 🫰hope it  works. 
I agree with everything Julie said, I couldn’t putt it better myself. 
Well we got a few miles in and kept dry, and had a nice friendly ride. What more could you ask for?   🚲CB3EB146-D652-4E75-A594-C4CF65ADD34C.thumb.jpeg.fe93885958fbaefab91cb3cf67778f20.jpeg

This is the first time I’ve posted on my iPhone, I hope it turned out okay. 🫰