Club Run 5th March

Sarashell

We were a bit depleted on numbers today with just John, Gordon, Tim and me meeting at TB. Moira and Bev were off on their jollies and they have picked a good week to go away as it was pretty cold today and getting colder.

Tim kept us company until just before Broadacres where he left us, as he was only doing a short one. 

We then picked up Steve along the way who turned off at Rous Lench as apparently he had wood to cut up and needed to get home. I've heard some excuses in my time but that one was a bit of a poor one... people will do anything to get out of going over the lenches. 🙈

That left me, John and Gordon to tackle the lenches and all the other undulations along the way. We didn't do too bad and got to Evesham unscathed and still pretty perky.

Leigh was at the cafe when we arrived and to his disappointment got a much smaller tea cake than the rest of us. He was most upset. I would have taken a pic but he'd scoffed it down before I could get my camera out.

Dave M turned up too. He'd had a technical on setting out so arrived a bit out of sorts a few minutes after us. 

We had a good old chat about nothing in particular but it was very enjoyable. 

So five of us set off for home with Leigh turning left at the island and the rest of us going right. We got caught up in a bit of a traffic jam due to some temporary traffic lights. It was a bit hairy for a while but we managed to navigate through and push on to Fladbury Hill. What a delight that was.... NOT.

Dave left us en route which left the 3 amigos to carry on up to TB and home. A bit of drizzle was encountered but nothing to cause us much bother.

A cold day but a good ride out.

Pics below with Gordon's Fozzy bear gloves. He needed those today 🥶🥶🥶

20230305_113914.jpg

20230305_115315.jpg

20230305_120445.jpg

20230305_120457.jpg

20230305_122144.jpg

I cannot praise Julie enough for her report . So glad she insisted she was the one to write it .....

Had meant to ride home with the bunch but suddenly remembered we had guests for lunch . Back late but got away with it unscathed.

Despite the Lenches enjoyed the day  particularly the tea break good old chat and laugh'

Thanks