Club Run 26th February

Sarashell

Setting off from TB were Bev, Moira, John, Tim, Gordon and me.

Picking up Steve on the way. We made our way up the Ridgeway with Tim peeling off to go it alone back.

It was tough in the wind and as Tony says, a bit chilly. In fact it was quite cold. Only warming up when the sun came out which luckily was quite often.

We were all feeling pleased to know that we had nearly made it to the cafe, when we spotted Leigh coming towards us.... bad news.... the Potted Pantry was closed.  So only real option was to head back to Hilliers. so we did a U turn and went back through Bidford and on to Hilliers. At least we were closer to home.

Not sure where Leigh went but we assume he took a left as we didn't see him again. Although I think he tried ringing John but somehow the call got missed and when John finally managed to answer, all he could hear was muffled noises. I'm thinking Leighs phone had called John by mistake and was actually in Leighs pocket!!!

We had a nice cafe stop with teacakes all round. I had an extra little cake as I was feeling fatigued 😵💫. Moira told us some very interesting stories about her time in the police too.

Homeward bound we set off into the wind. My lovely cycling chums, Moira and John came with me up to the top of Rose Hill, I dont think I'd have made it without them. Thanks both 😍

I'd like to say it was an enjoyable ride but the cold and the wind took its toll (on me anyway). Great company as always and good chat.

Pics below. I'm going for a lie down now!!! 

20230226_120313.jpg

20230226_120318.jpg

20230226_120322.jpg

20230226_120346.jpg

As you passed me John shouted ,gestured to o a U tern and follow,unfortunately the speed they were going was such that I couldn't have turned and caught up . Yes I did go left through to Evesham cafe .Long tiring ride on my own . I wish I had known you were going to Hillers . Wind nearly did me in.Missed the company.

Leigh you should have waited for us and rode in the group far easier than on your own .
Glad you made it home Julie it must have been that extra cake that got you back . Maybe consider moving to Drotwich or Bromsgrove then you’ll have less miles home 🤣🤣